fitness classes ideas

Options
ok. so.
i need to start a fitness class. the ones im interested in don't seem to be any where near me.
for example, pole fitness - sounds so fun, and it really works.... but there isnt one anywhere near me.
next i looked at was a zumba class, but again, very difficult/expensive to get to .

i just want something that burns fat, and tones arms legs and stomach. not too expensive. fun. and no equipment needed to be bought (skint uni student!!!!!)

please help!

Replies

• sallywag
    sallywag Posts: 26
    Options
    Does your uni run any fitness classes? Are there other students that you could exercise with to keep you motivated?
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Gold's nearby? I got a membership recently and love going to the classes. They have a variety of strength and cardio classes like Zumba, Bodypump, Bodystep, BodyJam, BodyCombat, BodyFlow, yoga, pilates, aqua workouts, spinning, cycling. I've been going about twice a week to different classes and am looking forward to trying them all.

Keeping things switched up makes it more fun and interesting and ensures your body doesn't get used to any one thing.

I'm sure other gyms have similar offerings, but I've only been to Gold's. $30 a month, but well worth it.
  • Emmea2729
    Emmea2729 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    no not really. they just have a really expensive gym.... ill be joining a class with my housemate. we just cant find anything we can get to ...
  • Emmea2729
    Emmea2729 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    yoga maybe..... anyone give me insight to yoga?
  • sallywag
    Options
    You might find classes in the local paper? I'm in Scotland, most of the council's run cheap fitness programmes.
  • Dippydog
    Dippydog Posts: 154
    Options
    Get a DVD on the subjects you like. You can even borrow them from the libraries.
  • sallywag
    Options
    I did yoga. It was quite expensive for classes but they did do a student rate.
  • sunkissedprincess
    Options
    I have a veritcal fitness studio near me and it's AMAZING, really works, but also expensive. you could buy the flirty girl fitness DVDs and get an x-pole. and for zumba, they offer it at my gym and i love it but you could buy the dvds from zumba.com or find videos online