Insanity or P90X and still workout at gym?

Options
njean888
njean888 Posts: 401 Member
I have two questions. I want to start Insanity or P90X but don't know which to do first. I have started both in the past but never completed either one. Currently I work out 6 times a week from spinning, weight lifting, or running. I know I can handle either program but which should I do first considering I'm really struggling to lose the 14 pounds I'm trying to lose. The weight just doesn't budge, I'm so tried of seeing that "6 pounds lost on my ticker"

Secondly if I do one of these workouts is it a bad idea to then workout at the gym later. I really love my spinning classes, I do them twice a week would I have to stop and only do the Insanity or P90X?

Replies

• JustBill
    JustBill Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I had been doing Insanity but fell out of it when we went on a trip... but I was going to the gym and working out every morning and then coming home and doing Insanity at night. I thought the combination was great.
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    If you want to concentrate on losing the weight/fat, I say do the Insanity at home and keep up your weight lifting at the gym. If you want to build the lean muscle, I say do P90X and continue the running/spinning. I know this probably doesn't answer your question to the fullest but it all depends on your goals...
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing P90X. Have also done Insanity in the past, I chose to do that first as it was more geared towards weight loss whereas P90x is more muscle building and toning up alot.

As for doing them both on the same day, I never do this. The only workout I will do on the same day as the gym is X stretch or perhaps yoga. It will take me longer than the 90 days to complete it but I'd rather have this and not burn myself out, I'm also more likely to stick at it this way :-)

Heidi
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Secondly if I do one of these workouts is it a bad idea to then workout at the gym later. I really love my spinning classes, I do them twice a week would I have to stop and only do the Insanity or P90X?

You can always do your P90X/Insanity in the AM and go to the gym in the PM...a lot of people do two a days...all depends how committed you want to be. P90X and Insanity are 6-7 day a week programs...tailor other workouts around that.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I think you'd be okay doing two-a-days. I actually love them. :) I normally do the gym cardio/weights, a group ex class, or spinning, and then later in the day my friend and I walk 1.5-3 mi at the park.
  • chris2991
    chris2991 Posts: 32
    Options
    I’ve never used either program so, I don’t have an answer as to which pone to use. But as far as doing both in the same day I would say it depends on your body’s endurance level. In high school I use to exercise in the morning and then go do sports after school without having any issues. Just make sure you don’t burn out cause that could hurt your progress.

2383599.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your feedback. I'm starting Insanity today. I'm doing Insanity in the morning, and only if I have the energy will go to the gym in the afternoon. I probably won't workout twice everyday but maybe 3 times a week.