Latest sign that I am serious this time.......

LeanerBeef
LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
So, after only less than 3 months of working out my "new" Nike's are done. Granted they're probably not designed to take a pounding form a man of my "stature" but never the less today was shoe shopping day. I bought my first pair of Saucony's! Did it make me feel cool? Not really...but they do prove that I am taking my excercise seriously! I needed something with some good arch support and the sales woman highly recommended these. Thankfully it was buy one, get one half off at the sneaker shop so I was able to walk out of there with a nice pair of Nike's also so I can look fresh on casual Friday's......:happy:

Replies

• cband
    cband Posts: 45 Member
    LOL...yeah my Nike's never last either. The pair that are still alive are for indoor exercising :p
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    That is cool, and I agree- when you start investing and feel good about it, it means you are taking it seriously. And thats a good thing!
  • Sweet!! You are doing GREAT too!! Congrats!!
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Very cool! That is a fabulous NSV. Keep going - we should see how big the pile of used up tennis shoes gets by the time we all reach our goals...
  • herzo1852
    herzo1852 Posts: 12
    :happy:

If you don't wear out your sneakers then you know you're not serious - great job!

By the way, how the heck do you get the weight loss ticker on your replies etc - I can't work it out - thanks!
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    :happy:

If you don't wear out your sneakers then you know you're not serious - great job!

By the way, how the heck do you get the weight loss ticker on your replies etc - I can't work it out - thanks!

You need to copy the html address for the ticker and add it to your signature for forum posts.
  • skinz2k2
    skinz2k2 Posts: 99 Member
    New balance is pretty durable, and I usually exercise twice a day.
  • jeanie✰
    jeanie✰ Posts: 127
    haha, grats to you!
  • PinkiG35
    PinkiG35 Posts: 16
    Thats awesome.

I have found that Nikes are much better for causal fridays than for actual exercising. The toe boxes on most of their shoes is very skinny and if you have wider than M foot they can make your feet fall asleep after a short time.
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    i prefer saconys actually. you will love em
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    awesome! i personally love Asics but have seen some Saucony's that i really have been thinking about getting.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    That's cool!! When I started running, I bought a pair of Mizunos and they were a dream... until they wore out. Be careful with expensive running shoes: they're not meant to withstand the pounding of weight lifting/cross training. I went out an bought a pair of Brooks and I'm doing the same thing to them now, but oh well. A shoe is a shoe! If it gets worn the hell out because you were working your butt off, I'd say it's worth it :) Congrats!!!
  • That is an awesome NSV!!! =)
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    fantabulous news.......keep it up friend