Sharing my recipes with my spouse

Options
tramondonna1
tramondonna1 Posts: 5 Member
My spouse and I are both doing 'myfitnesspal' and I'd like an easy way to input my recipes into his recipes without entering everything manually.... any advice?

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    You can not share recipes directly with another user, and another user will not find your recipes through a search. Your recipes will be displayed in the search results only when you perform a search.

​There is a workaround to log another user's Recipe nutrition information. Once you log a Recipe to one of your Meals, another user who has access to your Food Diary can copy the Meal containing the Recipe item from your Diary to their Diary, then delete any unwanted entries from that copied Meal.

​Please see these articles, and search for other helpful articles, on the MFP Help/FAQ pages...

myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/304780-can-i-share-recipes-with-other-users-

myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/11478-can-i-copy-meals-from-my-friends-

myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/201687-how-do-i-make-my-diary-visible-to-other-users-
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    If the recipe is for pasta sauce, for example, your spouse can create a custom "my food" for pasta sauce and enter the calories per serving or per gram based on what you came up with in the original recipe. You do not need to reenter the whole recipe.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    maybe this was old but i thought you could go on another users diary and add what they ate to your diary... no?
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Here is a trick when you are entering a full recipe and want to share all the macros, not just the calories.

- enter the recipe and make it searchable to other members
    - name your recipes uniquely, like "TD106 Spaghetti Sauce" and "TD106 Beef Stew" so you can easily search the database for all recipes with "TD106 " and use the one you need.
  • CyberTone
    Options
    As stated in my previous post, another user will not find your Recipes using the search function. Only the user who created the recipe will be able to search for their own Recipes.

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    My spouse and I are both doing 'myfitnesspal' and I'd like an easy way to input my recipes into his recipes without entering everything manually.... any advice?

I create the recipes. THen I log my meal. THen hubby views my diary and copies my meal to his day. It does not import the recipe, but he gets all the nutritional data and then the entry is in his history as well. So he can pull up the item the next day for leftovers, etc.
  • tramondonna1
    tramondonna1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for answering my question!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,966 Member
    Options
    Just a thought -- after hubby copies it from your diary to his, he could save it in "my meals," so it would there to log in the future if, for example, you freeze portions and he pulls it out for a solo meal in a few weeks, or if he follows the same recipe to make the same dish some time when you're not around, he wouldn't have to search back through his diary or yours to find the last time it was logged. He could just log the "my meal" and edit the serving size after it's logged, if need be.

Caveat -- I've never done this, but I can't see why it wouldn't work. @CyberTone ?
  • CyberTone
    Options
    Sure. Once logged to the Food Diary, the item can be found in the Recent list until it is bumped off of the maximum of 100 entries per meal slot on the web version, or a user can use Quick Tools and remember the Meal and it will always be available in My Meals.