Help. Weight loss

Options
I graduated high school a year ago, and have gained almost 40 lbs, I need a great way to loss weight. I have been working out for a several months now, eat three meals a day with maybe a snack after dinner, and I try to drink a gallon of water a day. I just keep gaining weight. I just want to feel better about my self again. Give me some ideas with workouts, eating habits, or even if you have a good healthy recipe.

Replies

• mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie deficit. Exercise is good for overall fitness, but it won't necessarily help you lose weight, unless it puts you into a calorie deficit.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Have you tried counting calories? You're probably not in a calorie deficit.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    To lose weight you must eat less than you burn. Working out often makes people feel like they can eat more, so they never lose weight while doing it.
  • stasia215
    stasia215 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on weight focus on fat loss tracking and lifting weights helps burn fat and shapes body beautifully. Don't be afraid to lift and eat high protein to maintain muscle.... Also balance with healthy fats and eat good carbs to fuel workouts. Whatever you do do not do any starvation diet or be too restrictive it will ruin metabolism....the key is get active along with fueling your body with nutrient dense foods. IM A CURVY girl who has been benefitting from strength training so I understand you.
  • stasia215
    stasia215 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Track fat loss not weight loss. Calculate macros and give it time don't give up. You will make changes and also get full physical at doctor make sure it's not thyroid or hormonal as well
  • alltimeburrit0
    alltimeburrit0 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Try and calculate calories a bit better, it's likely if you are counting that you're not counting correctly (weighing food) or not counting little things that add up (like oil, butter and sauses).
    It may also be if you're eating back your calories from working out.

I find when my machines at the gym tell me I've burnt 100 calories my Apple Watch usually tells me around 80, so when I think I've burned 300 I've only really burned 240 at a push, so maybe you've been eating too much because of that?
  • alltimeburrit0
    alltimeburrit0 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Also to add; may be down to if you're also weight training while trying to lose weight.
    I'd suggest to go on measurements instead of weight and see where you get that way?
  • aussiekay
    aussiekay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! These comments have been helpful! I'll try theses out. I just went to the doctor to get my blood work checked for thyroid and hormonals stuff done, and I haven't heard anything.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Could you be pregnant?
  • juceniro
    juceniro Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Couple of quick recommendations.
    1) check your thyroid.
    2) google (3 week diet) it is literally only 21 days. It's hard the first 5 days, but VERY effective.
    I am a guy, 37yo, I'm in the process of cutting (loosing some weight) and that diet did the trick.
    3) if you can't find it for free, let me know and I'll send you the diet via email (as an attachment)
    4) if you're good with numbers and counting everything you eat, I will recommend you to lower your calories, increase your proteins and have the fat in low-middle) and keep working out. Cardio will help you loosing some weight.
    Take care and good luck.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    mom22dogs wrote: »
    Eat at a calorie deficit. Exercise is good for overall fitness, but it won't necessarily help you lose weight, unless it puts you into a calorie deficit.
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    leggup wrote: »
    Have you tried counting calories? You're probably not in a calorie deficit.
    To lose weight you must eat less than you burn. Working out often makes people feel like they can eat more, so they never lose weight while doing it.

All of these.