Words of encouragement

Options
Hey everyone! So I'm trying to get down from 158 to 140 (I've lost 1 lb already) but it's super hard for me as a student to stay focused on my weight goals. When I get stressed or overwhelmed I just turn to food to make me feel better and I don't want to set myself back. Its dead week right now and finals week is coming up so cravings are at a high point. I just need some reminders of why I'm doing this!

Replies

• sweatin4160
    sweatin4160 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't let food come between you and your education.
    Losing weight the right way is a long term commitment and will not happen overnight. Sometimes I weigh heavier when I am eating healthy and under calorie requirement than when I don't eat well. Its frustrating but weight always fluctuates a pound or two so I am not discouraged.
    I would not starve myself to lose weight. Instead try to eat healthier and have nutritious snacks on the go if you're away from your kitchen or dining place. Omit junk food and consume lot of water which helps you become less hungry.
    At the end of the day, its all about how badly do you want it. Once you see the progress healthy lifestyle brings along its easier to say no to unhealthy habits. At that point you will realize that its you vs yourself.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    If hunger isn't the problem, food isn't the solution.
  • annasteff96
    annasteff96 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you both! I needed to hear that this morning. I appreciate it so much!