amy winehouse vs. norway tragedy...

chanstriste13
chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
edited September 30 in Chit-Chat
anyone else think it's backwards that her death seems to already be eclipsing the gunning down of nearly 100 people? what a world, what a world...

:grumble:

Replies

• kslindner
    kslindner Posts: 107
    Yes... It makes me sick. SHE did this to herself... SHE wouldn't get off the drugs... We all knew it was coming, who cares. The Norway tragedy is WAY MORE important than her death.
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    I agree. Makes me sick. God be with the people of Norway. :cry:
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    reminds me of when Micheal Jackson died and Farrah, he was all over the news and barely anything about her.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    I know A.W's family did what they could to save her so my heart is out to them, but she had a lot of opportunities to turn her life around.

Those kids that were gunned down didn't have a chance. Can't imagine the shock and pain their families are going through. So tragic!
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Yes... It makes me sick. SHE did this to herself... SHE wouldn't get off the drugs... We all knew it was coming, who cares. The Norway tragedy is WAY MORE important than her death.

This, for sure. Sure it's sad that she died but it's not tragic nor something that has devastating ramifications. What happened in Norway was mind-blowingly destructive, heartbreaking and something that came from out of nowhere.
  • kathywoo10
    kathywoo10 Posts: 139 Member

I agree that it is wrong that Amy Winehouse gets more press than the tragedy in Norway but that is just downright mean.
  • Romba
    Romba Posts: 164 Member
    reminds me of when Micheal Jackson died and Farrah, he was all over the news and barely anything about her.

EXACTLY
  • Yes it is odd....I know many see her as an amazing talent etc, but I'm not sure she would have wanted her sad death to out news Norway, Somalia AND the rail crash in China:angry:
  • reminds me of when Micheal Jackson died and Farrah, he was all over the news and barely anything about her.

EXACTLY

Also Princess Diana and Mother Theresa.
  • I think it is really awful about both Norway and Amy Winehouse.

It is horrific what happened to the teens on that Island and what happened in Oslo. You wouldn't dare think about being in their positions and i feel horrible for them, their friends and families.

However, it is also awful what happened to Amy. She has a horrible addiction. She'd been to rehab before. I'm sure this wasn't the way she had dreamt her life would go. I'm sure her family and friends are just as heartbroken. I know people with addictions and it takes such a grip, they have to fight constantly for control.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of them....

Unfortunately, it's the paper's job to print what people are going to read. If we didn't buy papers like this, they wouldn't print them, and yes, it is very sad.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    seriously....call me a b*tch or what not, but ummm...amy winehouse dieing is NOT shocking news to me. That was a train wreck waiting to happen. I feel bad for the victims/families in the norway tragedy....amy winehouse not so much, maybe her family, thats about it.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    empty post. .. I have been edited. . so I choose to say nothing.
  • Lstrhi
    Lstrhi Posts: 132

I agree that it is wrong that Amy Winehouse gets more press than the tragedy in Norway but that is just downright mean.

exactly. a life is a life. i hope you never have to lose someone you care about to addiction, or watch someone struggle and fall over and over again. let me tell you, it's heartbreaking.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Guess it depends on what you pay attention to. I just read about the news on Norway, my husband was the one who finally had to tell me about Amy Winehouse. I didn't Google about Amy although I do feel for her loved ones because I had lost my brother to his addiction, but I do Google about Norway.

I listen to satellite radio and besides Netflix and movies, I watch my DVRed shows at night so I suppose you could say I live in a hole. I had to stop watching the news, the newscasters around here are overly dramatic and try to use slang. Just tell me the dang news like a normal person!
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    exactly. a life is a life. i hope you never have to lose someone you care about to addiction, or watch someone struggle and fall over and over again. let me tell you, it's heartbreaking.
    ditto - how can one compare a life to another? When anyone dies it's tragic and the family/friends of all suffer no matter who that person was or what they did in life.
  • Yes... It makes me sick. SHE did this to herself... SHE wouldn't get off the drugs... We all knew it was coming, who cares. The Norway tragedy is WAY MORE important than her death.

I completely agree and second this sentiment.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    It seems like that happens alot. I think the media is a disgrace. I also feel that we created this monster. I am guilty of reading the headlines, then screaming to my screen, WHO CARES WHAT SO & SO HAD FOR BREAKFAST! But yet I haven't unsubscribed to any of these rags. :-/

My heart goes out to AW's family. It's gotta be so heart breaking watching a loved one destroy themselves. RIP Amy, maybe now you're demons are at rest.

I'm sorry to say, I haven't heard of the Norway tragedy. (I don't watch the news much for I can't stand all this murder & mayhem) This is a sick world we are living in anymore. Makes me very sad.
  • So is getting shot to death when you didn't choose to enter a war zone, violent community, or anything other than your average day. If you're going to argue stupid semantics about what type of death is "worse" I'm going to have to pick the surprising 92+ over the less-than-shocking- 1.
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    WOW:huh:
  • Heatherbledsoe
    Heatherbledsoe Posts: 106 Member
    Yeah well, Thats the world for you...or more specifically America. 90% Of Americans have their priorities backwards....but that would lead me into why, and who controls what , and how we only get a limited view ofone persons narrow filters, blahblahblah. They are both sad, but one person who refused to get help and ended up killing herself, and in my opinion was nothign special vocally, in fact she irritated the hell out of me, and her songs sucked, its still very sad.
    Norway on the other hand, not one victim there did anything to deserve what they got (not that she DESERVED it, but you know, she caused her own death) and over 100 people were murdered...but everyone is SO broken up about freakin Amy Winehouse.
    Like I said, f*cked priorities, but it doesnt suprise me.
This discussion has been closed.