Your favorite "junk" food you wish was healthy?

Options

Replies

• nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    As for what I wish had different values--dressings, toppings, condiments. It can be insane how many calories are in a small amount of those and I often want twice (or more) of the serving size. And don't tell me "there are low calorie options"--I know there are, I tried them, I just really prefer the taste of the "full calorie" ones....
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Sweet would be my chocolate mayonnaise cake with vanilla buttercream frosting, salty would be chips and hellavagood onion dip. YUM!
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I am pretty much obsessed with all Taco Bell (and I'm apparently the only person on the planet who doesn't get diarrhea from it). If I could eat it every day, I definitely would.

What are some fast food items or "junk" foods that you wish were healthier?

I also don't get diarrhea from it and I ate it several times a week when pregnant. I CRAVED tacos. That and the ice cream are probably a big part of why I gained 80 lbs for an 8lb baby

Anyhoo...I think mine would be pasta and Monica's Gourmet Almond Cookies
  • jbirdgreen
    jbirdgreen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Warm, soft Chocolate chip cookies, cheesecake and brownies. They are my kryptonite.
    White bread, pasta and rice. I can get down with the more nutritious, browner versions of both, but the junky kind just works better with certain dishes. PB &J does not taste as good on wheat bread.

SN: Regarding Taco Bell, are you vegetarian? No vegetarian I know has ever had a problem with Taco Bell messing their stomach up, which means the culprit must be the meat.
  • kclaar11
    kclaar11 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'd have to agree with earlier posters about "no bad foods, just bad diets". However, I would be as happy as could be if oreos had considerably less calories.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Pizza - and I'm not talking the cauliflower crust, "you can make it healthy" style!!!
    Cheese Fries
    Candy - all kinds
    Movie Theater Popcorn!!!!
  • lawsonsaysread
    lawsonsaysread Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Baklava

and

a treat from my childhood: creamy peanut butter thoroughly mixed with pancake syrup until it becomes the consistency of a thick caramel. Makes a great sandwich or can be eaten by the spoonful. Actually makes a great topping for ice cream sundaes too. Unfortunately, 2 milligrams of the stuff constitutes an active 200 lbs. man's entire caloric needs for 4 days (This has been scientifically proven, by the way.)
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    fascha wrote: »
    I do, however, wish funnel cakes had more protein

Throw some shredded chicken on that bad boy
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Oh, Taco Bell. I love Taco Bell. I could put away 2 Doritos Locos Tacos and a Quesarito in one sitting, easily. And the frito burrito back in the day? Best thing ever.

And it's never made me sick.

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,987 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter filled pretzels
    Chex Mix
    I can't buy a bag of either because I will eat the WHOLE bag.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Anything deep fried in duck fat
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell is my go to for a decently balanced, tasty, and reasonably low cal lunch when I forget mine at home. Chicken soft tacos FTW!

Anyway, I'd be thrilled if really good bread had more protein for the cals - or fewer cals. Either would work. I could eat a good hunk of baguette more often.
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Craft beers
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Cereal, nachos, and pizza. Cereal is the biggest waist of my time and it's loaded with sugar for the actual serving size. Even the "healthy" cereals are just a big calorie waster and I used to eat that stuff like it was my job. Granola is another good one. IT's sooo good, I would eat it on everything if it wasn't loaded with calories.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    ^^^OMG^^^
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    For me, Cinnamon Buns!
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Those Hostess "pies" with lemon filling, chocolate filling, etc. They have a crazy amount of calories and I just can't fit them into my meal plans without going hungry. :(
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter filled pretzels
    Chex Mix
    I can't buy a bag of either because I will eat the WHOLE bag.

The serving size for Chex mix is a joke!
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I love honey nut chex mix omg