Triathlon training and weight loss

Options
I needed a summer goal and thought that training for a triathlon seemed like a good idea. I am four weeks from the triathlon and training is going very well. There are days that I eat the extra calories that I burned and others that I don't. I know my body is changing and I am building a lot of muscle, but I have hardly seen any weight loss. It is very frustrating when working this hard. I have gone from never working out to working out 6-7 days a week for 45 minutes to an hour a day. I also portion foods, weigh or measure just about everything and have a diet rich in fruits, vegetables and lean protein, I am not perfect and certainly have cheat days, but I would love to see more weight loss with all of this training. Has anyone else had this experience?

Replies

• mfwaineo
    mfwaineo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Have you measured inches? The scale may not change as much as you expect because muscle weighs more than fat. Measuring would be a better way to see results I think. Good luck on your triathlon!
  • Bentrain
    Bentrain Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    ditch the scale. what do your clothes tell you? Good luck on your Tri. I got hooked on them 3 years ago. Take your time on the swim in your first one. be safe and have fun.

any Tri ??? just let me know and I'll answer as best I can.
  • jenmcdonough1924
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I have been measuring and the inches are definitely changing. I probably need to refocus my energy to the tri and not the numbers on the scale.