Exercise is saving my life

Options
I'm not diabetic, and I don't have heart disease. I'm a 25 year old who 5 months ago gave birth to a stillborn baby boy named Derek at 37 weeks (full term). He was my first child. Since than, I have not been taking care of myself. Frnakly, I've had virtually no interest in living at all. Than, to make matters worse, I've been facing infertility issues. My doctor told me I needed to start taking care of myself. Just one week ago I was so depressed I though Id never be ok. Now, I'm still far from being happy, but in listening to my doctors orders, I have been working out and its really helping wiht my depression. I have prided myself on trying to get through this without medicine and I believe I have found a way. When I exercise, I feel happy and my stress is temporarily lifted. I hope it does the same for all of you. The website has been a great distraction as well and I've been focusing on what I eat and how much I exercise. Here's to becoming healthier and trying to get my life back, because I know my boy wouldn't want me to be this way.

Replies

• corierose1212
    Options
    It is an honor to meet you and hopefully help you on your journey. While I have not lost a child, my husband did die in my arms 1 1/2 years ago and that is why I am here. The depression does get better. Just hang in there and friend me if you wish.
  • MrsPike07
    MrsPike07 Posts: 160
    Options
    First of all I am so sorry for you loss. I cannot imagine what you must be going through. However, I am so happy to hear that you have found an "outlet" so to speak. Exercise is a great mood booster and has helped me tremendously! I wish you luck on your journey, please feel free to add me!
  • Krissc1020
    Options
    That's horrible and I'm sorry you had to endure that. The fact that your still going on gives hope because that sounds pretty awful. Good for you. I dont know how to friend people because I'm still new though :(
  • corierose1212
    Options
    What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. I have learned this is a true statement. What you have been through is the hardest thing a person can survive. Makes exercising every day to get healthy seem pretty easy doesn't it :)
  • changeisgood55
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss. You sound like you found a healthy way to deal with all of this and I think that's great. You are an inspiration to all of us. Keep up the great work and know we are all here for you. Feel free to friend me if you like.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy that you found something to get you through you depression. I'm so sorry to hear about you loss.
  • Krissc1020
    Options
    Absolutely and thank you to you, Mrs Pike and Change is good. I just learned how to friend so I will now. Hopefully this will help stay motivated knowing people are watching :)
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    WOW, love your story and your motivation keeping your head up and taking each day as it comes...sorry for your loss and congrats on your success and outlook on life.
  • Krissc1020
    Options
    WBond, what do you think of Insanity since I'm thinking you've tried it. I saw an infomercial and it seemed awesome. And Shreddinmomma, Good for you, you;ve lost a lot!!!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I am terribly sorry you have had to endure that - it must have been the most painful experience. I am glad exercise is a helpful outlet for you. I know it has gotten me through a lot of bad moods and bad days. I hope you have a very blessed journey
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I am ever so sorry for your loss. You are so strong for working through your greif. Please feel free to friend me.
  • wrgawife
    wrgawife Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss too but so glad that MFP is helping you take better care of yourself. So glad exercising is helping you to feel a little happier.
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for this terrible loss that you have experienced.

Glad you found the boards, this site and exercise as an outlet.

My journey began in a somewhat similar fashion, so I can understand where you are coming from-to a degree. Exercise saved my life too.

No one can ever really understand. But hang in there, keep putting one foot in front of the other. That's all you gotta do right now. It won't always feel as bad as it does right now. It will always hurt-but not like it does right now.