Where am I going wrong??

Options
Hi!

I'm looking for advice on how to be more effective and see more results with my diet and exercise routine. I'm 5'3" 132lbs. I have been working out 30-60 mins a day, on average 6 days a week. Mostly HIIT, some cardio on the treadmill, and weight lifting a couple times a week. My diet is pretty consistent, minus a cheat meal here and there. I did beachbody for a while, and continue to follow my "containers", maybe around 1200-1300 calories a day. I'd say 80% of the time I'm eating very well.

Anyways, I've been doing this consistently since December, but have seen barely any results! I can see some muscle tone, I've lost maybe 3-5lbs. But it seems I still have all the fat in all the same places. Maybe I'm just expecting too much too soon? I'm super new at this, trying my best to research healthy diet/exercise tips and to stay on track, I just hate that I'm not seeing significant results. I'm clearly doing something wrong, any advice is appreciated!

Replies

• leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    how close to your goal are you and are you eating any of your exercise calories/logging your food?
  • aliboud504
    aliboud504 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd say my ultimate goal would be 120-125lbs, but mostly I just want to feel/look fit and comfortable in my body. I'm within the normal range for height and weight, but I carry a lot of extra fat in my hips, thighs, lower belly. I always plateau around 130lbs too. Like I get there and then get stuck there. I wonder if I should start counting macros instead of calories? I'm honestly not even sure what that entails!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    You're within a normal weight range for your height, so it's going to be slow going. When I was there, it was like, a pound a month. At our heights (I'm 5'1'') it's gonna be slow 'cause 1200 calories is not as far under maintenance as someone who's 5'7''.
  • BurlzGettingFit
    BurlzGettingFit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    aliboud504 wrote: »
    I'd say my ultimate goal would be 120-125lbs, but mostly I just want to feel/look fit and comfortable in my body. I'm within the normal range for height and weight, but I carry a lot of extra fat in my hips, thighs, lower belly. I always plateau around 130lbs too. Like I get there and then get stuck there. I wonder if I should start counting macros instead of calories? I'm honestly not even sure what that entails!

If you're using containers to portion your food you're probably eating too much. You're in the healthy weight range for your height so you need to get a food scale and start weighing everything you eat. It's very eye opening. Counting macros instead of calories won't help you lose weight if you're eating too many calories.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    The 'maybe around 1200-1300' calories makes me think you could be more accurate in your logging. Weigh anything solid on a food scale. No measuring cups or spoons unless its for liquids. Try this for 4-8 weeks.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Logging more accurately for a while will help you get more information about what you can change. It would also be a good first step towards counting macros if you want to. I'd also start logging or skipping the cheat day for a while.

Since you're close to goal, you might want to look into recomposition: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1