Whole Plant Based eating

Options
I've recently come back to MFP. I had great success 3 years ago with a weight loss of 100 pounds. When i lost all of that weight I gained a wife, a home and a beautiful daughter. Unfortunately i also regained 50 of those pounds back. I'm looking for friends who are trying or succeeding with a vegetarian or vegan eating plan. I'm back now but with a new approach... Whole Plant Based eating. I've eliminated all animal products from my food. I've also decided that everything i eat does something for me. Whole grains without flour, green leafy veggies, a spectrum of other veggies except white and red potatoes, legumes and nuts, berries, other fruits, ground flax seeds, chia seeds, turmeric powder, green/black/hibiscus teas and filtered water. It has been an interesting 40 days. I spent the first 30 removing old foods and slowly incorporating new raw or cooked plant based foods. I eat 4-6 times a day at about 1800-2200 calories and i'm definitely feeling 100 times better than when i was eating fast food or restaurant food 5-6 days a week.

Replies

• mayafit405
    mayafit405 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I'm predominately vegan now, ive been slowly transitioning from being a vegetarian . I totally agree with you about eating things that do good things for your body!! I have a open diary to all my friends ! Have a great weekend :)
  • teeenabeana
    teeenabeana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I'm vegetarian but I have been slowly eliminating dairy and eggs from my diet. I noticed that whenever I eat a lot of cheese, my face breaks out! I could use more vegetarian/vegan friends on here so I can look at diaries and get ideas!
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm going to add you all - I'm not the best at consistently logging I will for a few
    Weeks then won't for a while then come back but I am vegan and have been for all of 2017, vegetarian for 2 years after a
    Long break from it.
  • RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me too. I lost over 40 pounds on MFP a year ago but am back to try to get off medicine for cholesterol. I also have borderline high blood pressure and want to avoid meds for that. I would be happy to support anyone who eats a plant based diet.
  • Mom2max
    Mom2max Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, as well. I'm a vegan and could definitely use more vegan/vegetarian friends.
  • Veganvibesss
    Veganvibesss Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Plant based girl here
  • PGDPT
    PGDPT Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP, met with a trainer at my gym as we are doing a 60 day challenge. He wants me to be getting up 200g protein per day and I need some vegan or vegetarian ideas on protein sources. His as well as the gym dietician's is eat more meat. Tried to tell him I don't feel well eating 150 to 200 grams of meat based protein. I use a plant based protein that I like. If anyone would like to share actual meals that would be helpful as well. TIA
  • raynax
    raynax Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi PGDPT - i just bought some unsweetened pea protein from trader joe's. i don't know how it tastes yet, but it has 20gm of protein in two scoops
  • raynax
    raynax Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Red Sierra - Hi
    How long will it take to get your cholesterol down on plant based?
  • earthling_steph
    earthling_steph Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I've been vegetarian for 4 years :)
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm a whole foods plant based girl too. Feel free to add me. :)
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I am more into the high carb, animal based, GMO, high Gluten and processed food diet.
  • hannamarie0098
    hannamarie0098 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Mostly vegan here! I think of myself as a strict vegetarian :)