Hi I'm new

Options
Hi everyone

My name is Alison and I'm a newbie to this site. I'm 38 years old, have two teenage daughters and am currently a horse riding instructor. I'm going to university in September to train to become a nurse and I really need to lose some serious weight. I can't seem to stay focused for any length of time when I'm dieting, I'd say I'm a habitual dieter on and off all the time. I have approx 70lbs to lose so will keep a track of my weight here and hope I can keep my motivation this time. I'd love to hear your success stories as I'm hoping this will help keep me motivated x

Alison

Replies

• michelle51266
    Options
    hi, i've been at it a week and have lost 3 pounds. join in on the team work of everyone. have fun and watch us all succeed.
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Alison! Feel free to add me as a friend. I've been here since April 30 and love it!
  • sendit
    sendit Posts: 28
    Options
    I think you've come to the right place. Welcome.
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome from Colorado! I have been on 20 days today. I have lost almost 4 pounds. This is a great site and its a wonderful place to get that need push and support! Feel free to add me.
  • flawedandfabulous
    Options
    Hi Allison, I joined MFP on May 2, and it is the best thing I have ever done for myself. I have also been on a perpetual diet with the starving, pills, WW, THC...I have really stuck with this site and it is way more than a diet but a lifestyle change for me. I still have 63lbs to go so feel free to add me and we can help keep each other going. :bigsmile:
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 (my kids are a lot younger...4 and 2) and have been here since April. It just so happens I'm a professor who trains nursing students (anatomy & physiology and cell biology). I've found this to be a pretty effective environment. Best of luck to you and feel free to add me as a friend if you like!
  • alibalix
    alibalix Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi to all

Many thanks for all your replies, I'm getting really focused now and hope that I'm going to finally manage to lose the weight that I need too. Once I finally work out how to use this forum properly I'll likely be here all the time.

Alison x