NSV - 36 flights of stairs ...

Options
alisonbank
alisonbank Posts: 43 Member
So something small, but thought I'd share. I'm a senior at the University of Pittsburgh and our beloved Cathedral of Learning in the center of campus is 36 stories tall. I've been running the stairs as part of my workouts and yesterday, I got down to a personal best time of 15 MINUTES. Granted, I feel dead once I get to the top, but I can feel my cardio improving every day I do it!

Here's a pic of the Cathedral of Learning and all of it's 36 flights of stairs :)

cathedral-of-learning-1a.jpg

Replies

• LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    HOLY CRAP
    way to friggen go! thats great
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    HOLY CRAP
    way to friggen go! thats great
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    That's just amazing work!!!!
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Love this-thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!!
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! That's like 1/3 the distance of the Empire State Building, by the way! I use the StairMaster but yours looks so much better! Is there an awesome view at the top? Great job!
  • Fatcatsmom
    Fatcatsmom Posts: 21
    Options
    WOW! You are amazing.
  • uhoh_billy
    uhoh_billy Posts: 94
    Options
    That's incredible!

I did the CN Tower climb last year (147 (ish) flights of stairs) right after getting over Mono and it killed me! I trained for weeks and didn't even lose weight! Stairs are killer, so that's awesome that you did that!!
  • aLatz13
    aLatz13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! I could barely do the length of our bleachers in my high school stadium, yet alone 36 flights!!! Way to go!!!!
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    A local charity is having a tower climb on 9/11/11. It's 1100 flights, the same as the WTC. I'm thinking of doing it, but have no idea what to expect. Is this a very real possibility? It's not timed and you can go at your own pace, but how long should it take?
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    A local charity is having a tower climb on 9/11/11. It's 1100 flights, the same as the WTC. I'm thinking of doing it, but have no idea what to expect. Is this a very real possibility? It's not timed and you can go at your own pace, but how long should it take?

Which climb are you talking about? We have one locally...
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    WOW that's awesome!! I used to get winded just going downstairs where Roy Rogers used to be... :laugh:

I was going to take my son up to the top earlier this month when we were biding time at the museum and the Batman filming had the roads closed, but never got to it.
  • arsenal45
    Options

Which climb are you talking about? We have one locally...

www.terryfundga.org
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    A local charity is having a tower climb on 9/11/11. It's 1100 flights, the same as the WTC.
    Isn't a flight the same as a story/floor? Or do you mean 1100 steps?

Ah - found it:
    During the 9-11 Memorial Stair Climb, participants will
    climb flights of stairs equaling 110 flights – the same
    number as the World Trade Center Towers.
  • BrittaneyHG
    BrittaneyHG Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    36 flights of stairs totally shows on your body. You look amazing! :D
  • arsenal45
    Options
    A local charity is having a tower climb on 9/11/11. It's 1100 flights, the same as the WTC.
    Isn't a flight the same as a story/floor? Or do you mean 1100 steps?

Ah - found it:
    During the 9-11 Memorial Stair Climb, participants will
    climb flights of stairs equaling 110 flights – the same
    number as the World Trade Center Towers.

Whoops! Soory! Typo
  • arsenal45
    Options
    The building has 23 floors
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!