anyone else eat just snacks?

Options
I know it doesnt matter when/where/what you eat for loss. My snacks are generally healthy and i hit my macros, But the nagging preprogrammed part of me keeps telling me i need to eat meals because ...well meals right... so i always try to eat dinner but im way more satisfied off just snacking and want to hear your guys experiences so i know im not crazy (maybe i am) (okay i am a little but not because of this right? lol)

And whether you survive off snacks like me or not, Whats your favorites :D ? I love smoothies, Greek yogurt, Pepperettes/cheese, Waffle with pb2, Canned salmon and fruits mainly.

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I have probably 1 solid meal a day - the rest is mostly snacks/or small portions (i.e. this am I had 2oz of chicken and some dried apricots when I got into work); lunch was a bag of uncle ben's microwave rice etc
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    if it is working for you and you hit your goals and macros, then keep doing it. I eat three meals a day with some things mixed in that I enjoy, but that is just me...
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    If by snacks you mean small meals, but overall balanced, why not? If you mean candy and nachos, you have a problems, regardless of calorie goals.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I eat a plated dinner but yeah, I kinda graze all day.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    If by snacks you mean small meals, but overall balanced, why not? If you mean candy and nachos, you have a problems, regardless of calorie goals.

You must have missed that her snack foods are salmon, greek yogurt, & fruit.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    aggelikik wrote: »

You must have missed that her snack foods are salmon, greek yogurt, & fruit.

yeah and i use things like protein powder and cottage cheese /fruit in my smoothies. My snacks are good im not sure if theyd be considered small meals though, Minimal prep rarely /never hot
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Dinner is my only consistent "sit down" or traditional meal. If I go home for lunch I will make a particular egg sandwich but that is more because I LOVE it and has awesome calories and macros that fit my goals than because it is meal time. My normal workday is:
    5:15 wake up and work out
    6:30 Kombucha and water
    8:00 protein latte
    9:00 vitamin gummies
    10:00 morning snack which is probably closer to what most people would consider breakfast (Greek yogurt crunch bowl, fruit & cheese, protein bar, Sargento Balanced Break bowl)
    12:00 lunch of either egg on toast with a side of deli meat and raspberries or deli meat and a balanced break bowl with a fruit and veg - I also had a protein shake or protein bar on non-workout days when my appetite is lower
    3:00pm - afternoon snack of raw veg and a protein dip (hummus or greek yogurt) and dried apricots (no sugar added
    6:30ish dinner
    8ish fat bomb or other treat (Halo Top, marshmallows, some dark chocolate)

Weekends are probably even less structured
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with it at all. In fact, if it works for you, I think it is pretty much ideal.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    With my super active job, I'm able to have breakfast in the morning, but then snack on fruit all day once at work. Then I have some protein after work, right before bed since I don't want a heavy meal sitting in my stomach while I sleep.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I have a meal at the end of the day because I like to try recipes, but I mostly just snack on stuff throughout the day, some dense in micronutrients and fiber, some not so much. I do it because when I was full-on meal-ing, all I could think about during the day was my next meal. Not great for work productivity. Now, when I get antsy, I have something off the "list" of things that I preplanned for the day to ensure I stay under my calories. Helps for variety too.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    I know it doesnt matter when/where/what you eat for loss. My snacks are generally healthy and i hit my macros, But the nagging preprogrammed part of me keeps telling me i need to eat meals because ...well meals right... so i always try to eat dinner but im way more satisfied off just snacking and want to hear your guys experiences so i know im not crazy (maybe i am) (okay i am a little but not because of this right? lol)

And whether you survive off snacks like me or not, Whats your favorites :D ? I love smoothies, Greek yogurt, Pepperettes/cheese, Waffle with pb2, Canned salmon and fruits mainly.

Some of these could be meals. (shrug)

We're used to being served, or being urged to eat, gigantic portions but a waffle with PB2 sure sounds like a breakfast to me. So does canned salmon or a smoothie.

I don't snack between meals during the day much (if you're talking about simply eating less than a meal, between meals - it's hard to define a "snack") but I will often have some SF jello at night, or a string cheese. However - I will eat chocolate right after dinner, as my dessert. Or if we're out and we get sub-in-a-tubs from Jersey Mike's I might have chips with mine, if they fit into my calorie goals. That sort of thing.

So...not sure if that's what you wanted to know, but I eat foods that other people would generally call snack-ish - like chocolate, or sometimes, chips - regularly, yes.
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I don't do well with too many snacks, I tend to eat significantly more when I do.
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I don't snack at all. I actually eat one small meal and one big one and I'm happy. I prefer the big meal be in the evening. It messes up my flow if the large meal is too early in the day.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    If snacking is what works for you, it's perfectly OK.

Most of what I eat in a day amounts to snacks. See my open diary for all the not-so-interesting details.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I generally eat multiple times a day. :)

Down 140lbs: My story.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I tend to snack in the evening.

This morning breakfast was a coffee, lunch was a salad and dinner was homemade bolognase sauce. Under 1000 cals

So tonight i get ice cream
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I only have two meals: Lunch and dinner. Lunch is only about 300 cals and dinner around 400? Maybe 500. The rest is alllll snacks.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I usually eat four snacks of about 250 calories each, although I suppose the first could be considered a meal, since it's hot (2 eggs and toast, or an egg sandwich). The other three are cold (yogurt with banana and almonds, an ounce of cheese and an apple, crackers with peanut butter, hummus with veggies, etc.). And then I have a cooked dinner of about 700-800 calories. I much prefer this eating pattern to three large meals.
  • mila_lova
    mila_lova Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I prefer 2-3 small, healthy snacks during my workday, then a big "meal" when I get home that actually consists of snacks like Greek yogurt, fruit, veggies, almonds, PB etc etc. And a little candy. I'm so lazy, I prefer food that takes no prep.

This week I'm experimenting with real meals instead to see if it helps me feel fuller.