New here again!! Juice plus...

Options
MissyB9010
MissyB9010 Posts: 13 Member
hi all..

Could do with some encouragement here, iv finally decided enough is enough!
I struggle a lot with staying on track and choosing good foods,
Iv started (well due to start tomorrow) juice plus shakes and boosters!
I'm trying to get some exercise in but I have 2 herniated disk and problems elsewhere that are being investigated..
any recommendations?? I have a treadmill :)

Replies

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    buy a food scale, log every single thing you put in your mouth and stay under your MFP allotted calories.
  • Magic_Chicken
    Magic_Chicken Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    MissyB9010 wrote: »
    hi all..

I'm trying to get some exercise in but I have 2 herniated disk and problems elsewhere that are being investigated..

Good Luck on your journey hun!! Your gonna get a lot of hate on here from mentioning the words Juice Plus, lol.

How about swimming for exercise as will support body weight? x
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Is there any way for you to walk in a swimming pool? It's SO much easier on joints and your back.

Go, you! :)
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    MissyB9010 wrote: »
    hi all..

What are boosters? (genuinely curious)

I'd say if you've got a treadmill and it doesn't cause you any issues jump on! If you're able to park it in front of the TV, even better - it makes the time fly for me and I can still catch my shows.

Wishing you the best!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    buy a food scale, log every single thing you put in your mouth and stay under your MFP allotted calories.

This^^
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »

This^^

Second this. Also do not put a label on food such as good or bad. Get your macronutrients and your micronutrients in and fill in with whatever you want. Eat the foods you love and stay in a deficit.
  • beanz744
    beanz744 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i guess it is too late to return ur juice plus stuff coz it will not do anything for u. juiceplus is not real food. theres a lot of process done to an apple or a vegatable to turn it into some pills or powder. whatever vitamins n nutrients were there r mostly gone. u need to learn to eat real whole foods that are good for u n have lower caloric count to keep at or under the caloric allowance that MFP gives u.
    1. start with a MFP profile setting of 1 ib a week (or less) n see how u feel in a couple of weeks.
    2. do a google search on simple n healthy recipes (there r tons).
    3. do some non impact exercises like swimming, aqua-aerobics, or just brisk walk on ur treatmill. i m not recommending weight or anything else coz i dont know ur over weight situation.

good luck!
  • shanizejade
    shanizejade Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi hun how are you getting on with your Juice Plus? X
  • mrsbmw2
    mrsbmw2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am taking Juice Plus (3 months). All I can say is that I have more energy and my traditionally painful joints definitely seem to be less painful (less inflammation?). Can's swear by the stuff yet, but I am doing a lot of research and think there may be something beneficial to taking it. Stay tuned!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    mrsbmw2 wrote: »
    I am taking Juice Plus (3 months). All I can say is that I have more energy and my traditionally painful joints definitely seem to be less painful (less inflammation?). Can's swear by the stuff yet, but I am doing a lot of research and think there may be something beneficial to taking it. Stay tuned!

Have you changed anything about your diet? Or eating exactly the same, and just adding JP?
  • MissyB9010
    Options
    Hi hun how are you getting on with your Juice Plus? X

hi, i have just seen this! i have done fab on it! i have 3 capsules a day and 1-2 shakes depending on how i feel, i dont understand why people think its bad, we still eat lol! just better choices than i woul dif i wasnt on shakes has im more concious now.. its what works for me and not for everyone.. xxx

• MissyB9010
    Options

hi, i have obviously changed my diet i am now actually plant based no meat (personal choice!) im loving it its fab! i think people assume you just have the shakes and that sit but no i have 1-2 shakes a day depending on how i feel and just eat clean est of the day, it helps me stay focused you see i understand this is not gonna work for everyone but it does for me xx
    Have you changed anything about your diet? Or eating exactly the same, and just adding JP?

• MissyB9010
    Options

snap! i feel the difference in my overall health too! that was actually my main reason for starting it not weight loss, but was on a weight loss journey at same time so worked well :) how you getting on? x
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I too have a very bad back with herniated disks and other anomalies in both my lower back and neck. Even so I manage to do mild exercise several days a week such as yoga, Pilates, and low-impact aerobics. You have to pick and choose what you can do, but there are many DVDs that offer multiple levels so even those of us with disabilities can find their niche. Treadmill is good too if you can stand the boredom. I like to do something different every day. Good luck to you.