Someday Clothes

Options
Come on everybody, ya know you got em. The clothes that you have stashed away in the hopes of someday slipping back into them. Someday actually came for me last night. I pulled the "Someday" basket out of the closet, to get ready for a date, and grabbed a pair of adorable capri's I haven't been able to squeeze into in 2 years... OMG.... they were a lil snug... but they zipped right up. From that basket I have 3 pairs that fit again... and for the others... someday... well it's just around the corner... woooot woot!!!!!::bigsmile:

Replies

• shelleilei
    shelleilei Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I do have have the "someday" pile that I hope to get into soon. Congrats!!
  • Christina74S
    Christina74S Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Good job! I haven't tried my someday clothes yet but my current clothes are getting to big :) i'll have to pull them out
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    that's amazing! congrats :smile:
  • kathywoo10
    kathywoo10 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I just did this with a pair of capris yesterday too! I bought them and then only wore them like once before I grew out of them and then yesterday I fit into them again! It feels great!
  • luv2runsgf
    luv2runsgf Posts: 48
    Options
    Congratulations!
    I have a someday closet :-) Guest room closet full of size 4 pants which my size 6 (current) backside) doesn't fit in (I am only 5'1"). I am working on it though. If I drop around 7 pounds I will have tons of clothes. I did get rid of my size 2's this week while packing to move - I have not been able to fit into them in about 5 years and when I did my husband complained all the time that I was too skinny.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I have run out of all my "someday clothes" except for one pair of jeans ..... managed to fit one pair the other day I had not worn for 21 years - one more to go - those were last worn 22 years ago.....who keeps clothes for 22 years ;-)

Great effort by the way!!
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    actually no..my someday clothes are now my clothes of yesterdays.... I am past that and on to new clothes!!!

4925355.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of leather jeans and a beaded butterfly top that just ties on by strings.

I will wear them again!:bigsmile:
  • tkrallman
    tkrallman Posts: 29
    Options
    I have run out of all my "someday clothes" except for one pair of jeans ..... managed to fit one pair the other day I had not worn for 21 years - one more to go - those were last worn 22 years ago.....who keeps clothes for 22 years ;-)

I had clotes from highschool....so I understand keeping clothes for all that time.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I dont have but one item in my "someday" clothes. It's a powder blue silk nightgown that was my anniversary gift, given to me by my hubby. I didn't have the courage to get rid of it since it means more to me than my other clothes. I'd love to proudly wear it someday.. :love: (daydreaming)
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I have 2 closets full and several bags in a third closet. Sometime I visit these clothes and Yearn!
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My someday clothes are in my daughters room. She has so many size 7/9's she doesn't wear and I refuse to give them away because I PLAN ON WEARING THEM!
  • IceFaith
    IceFaith Posts: 81
    Options
    I have a pair of Levi's that are a someday clothing item...I also have a green shirt that I want to fit into someday. Another 15 lbs or so and I'll be in them I think.
  • phoebejane49
    phoebejane49 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    outstanding.....keep up the good work
  • skinnyminimoni
    Options
    I have a bunch of someday clothes that were once all-the-time clothes... :sad:

I also love looking at someday clothes at the store and imagining myself slipping into them...guilty pleasure!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I only have one article. A pair of jeans I fit into at 16. However I probably WONT wear them when they do fit - because they are super wideleg jeans and a little out of style.. but they were my favourite jeans -and made my butt look great ! LOL
  • jlzoda
    jlzoda Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Someday clothes...hanging in my closet - all the clothes my husband says "you have a closet FULL of clothes, why don't you ever wear them!" Obviously they don't fit anymore.... I have a beautiful slim fitting top & dress capri's size 8 with the tags still on them just begging to be worn to a Christmas party!!!
  • tkrallman
    Options
    My someday clothes are in my daughters room. She has so many size 7/9's she doesn't wear and I refuse to give them away because I PLAN ON WEARING THEM!

My daughter has informed I cannot get into her clothes... If I get to her size she can wear mine, but I'm not allowed in hers... lol
  • tkrallman
    Options
    I only have one article. A pair of jeans I fit into at 16. However I probably WONT wear them when they do fit - because they are super wideleg jeans and a little out of style.. but they were my favourite jeans -and made my butt look great ! LOL

You'll put them on... and at least wear them once... to say HA I did it! :D
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options

funny you should say that....I was working out the other day and realize the Umbro shorts I had on were from high school. Thats in the 20-22 yr range. :laugh: they are just so comfy!

My someday clothes?? Well I've got a closet of size 6 that stares me every time I open the door. There is a small selection of 8/10 pants that I am getting sick of wearing and I refuse to buy more, I'm gonna get the extra off my backside and back into the 6s.

Congrats on the *new* clothes!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!