17 Day Diet-Suggestions?

Options
Hi, My name is Kim and I am Overweight! I am currently at 275lbs and want to loose weight. I was 227lbs before I was pregnant with my first and only child in 2009 and gained 54lbs I lost some weight after and then regained it back. I was wondering if anyone has done or tried the 17 day diet and what they can say about it? I just bought the book today and was thinking of doing it. I need suggestions. And if anyone wants to help me and be a pal or do it with me would be wonderful :)

Replies

• Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim and Welcome to MFP~

We have a great support resource here and lots of knowledgable personal trainers working alongside us.

Befriend me if you'd like since I'm very dedicated :flowerforyou:

Have a wonderful day!
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim, my name is Kym lol
    I have been doing the 17 day diet for about 6 weeks now and I love it. I am restarting cycle 1 today.
    Feel free to add me. If you want some food ideas I take a few of the cleansing vegies and make a soup that I have for lunch. Instead of toast I have a small amount of turkey with my egg - for breakfast. Anyway I have found it helpful, but as with anything the key is to find something that works for you.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim.
    I havent tried the 17day diet - but I have been over 300lbs. The best thing I found was portion control and exercising regularly.

I found once I joined here and started tracking my calories it made a huge difference - Ive lost not quite 40lbs in 4 months!
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I haven't tried the diet but I started at 242lbs last August (I'm 5'7") and have lost 69lbs since then by portion control, calorie counting and exercise. For me I think that MOST (not all but most) are just gimmicks and while they can help some people kick it in gear aren't the solution long term so I prefer the old fashion "eat less, move more" option.

Slow and steady! Start by making small changes, set your goal to lose only 1lbs a week and LOG LOG LOG everything you eat. MEASURE food in measuring cups and get a kitchen scale (you don't need a fancy one). Then after you get into that routine add in 30 min of walking (or other exercise but it doesn't have to be hellish hard or 33647 hours a day to work).
  • Kimmerz1
    Kimmerz1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies for all your suggestions! Mind if I add some of you for support?
  • Zsquared
    Zsquared Posts: 54
    Options
    I am on Day 8 of Cycle 1 of the 17 Day Diet, and so far I'm LOVING it!!! I've definitely had moments where I wanted to cave to my cravings, but I've stuck with it and have lost 8pounds so far. I love how I'm "reframing" my thinking about food in general. I love that bluberries and red grapes seem like a treat now, and I love how accomplished I feel when I wake up in the morning and have succeeded 1 more day. My family is not on the diet, so their dinners are awfully tempting, lol, but I am worth more than a slice of pizza or a bowl of ice cream. Good luck to you in whatever path you decide to travel! :)
  • Kimmerz1
    Kimmerz1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your journey so far! & thanks! I am still reading more about it and I will decide. I found some nice recipies on the doctors for the 17 day diet.