Elliptical, Treadmill or Bike

Options
I can get 1 machine just sold my other elliptical which I did love but yet keep thinking maybe something different.. IF you had to get 1 machine which would you get and why plus what brand / type

Replies

• adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I love my elliptical. It is a Nautilus 514.
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Treadmill more versatility can walk run hill climb and speed work
  • cronikk
    cronikk Posts: 3
    Options
    Treadmill I'd assume you'd loose more calories on if thats what yourl ooking for :)
  • nikibob
    nikibob Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Treadmill more versatility can walk run hill climb and speed work

i agree with this. if you have to have just one i would choose treadmill for this reason.
  • MMiles96
    MMiles96 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    When I go to the club to work out I always use the treadmill. I just cant seem to get the hang of the elliptical
  • PST0622
    PST0622 Posts: 115
    Options
    Would have to be the elliptical!!!
  • Nursingmomof2
    Options
    Ditch the machine, save the space in the house and run outside! That burns more than a treadmill anyway (unless you run at crazy inclines) and it's something new to see every time! I get so BORED with my treadmill that I haven't used it in FOREVER! I'd get a BowFlex though, I need my weights. I'd also get a tread climber...the thing with two treads on it that move independently.
  • georgiag111
    georgiag111 Posts: 424
    Options
    Ditch the machine, save the space in the house and run outside! That burns more than a treadmill anyway (unless you run at crazy inclines) and it's something new to see every time! I get so BORED with my treadmill that I haven't used it in FOREVER! I'd get a BowFlex though, I need my weights. I'd also get a tread climber...the thing with two treads on it that move independently.

This is mostly for the winter I wont go out in the Iowa ice and winters lol
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    While you can either walk or run on the treadmill, it's my understanding that the elliptical burns more calories in the same amount of time and is easier on you joints then the treadmill. No bike- you have to work too hard to get the same results. (just my opinion) I have a treadmill don't really use it, I started running about 1 month ago. But when the snow files it'll be back to the elliptical.
  • georgiag111
    georgiag111 Posts: 424
    Options
    I keep leaning towards an elliptical again but then again keep thinking maybe just stick to my DVD's and save the money for a bigger computer screen lol
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i get the most results in the shortest amount of time from my elliptical. i prefer the bike because i can read while exercising but the elliptical makes the most sense for me.
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    It is kinds pricey but I have grown to LOVE the Adaptive Motion Trainer at the gym. It is kind of a cross between an elliptical and a stair stepper. I just can't seem to get the range on the elliptical that I get on the AMT, plus it burns calories like crazy!
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options

She's from Cali---- I wish I could run outside all year around- I've ran in 100' but I will NOT go out in -60' I'm a wimp that way.
  • Wibikerlady
    Wibikerlady Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    A BowFlex TreadClimber in a second!! Best of both worlds!! A stationary bike isnt worth the time or money! It doesnt give u enough of a calorie burn for the time you put into it.