Weekend eating

Options
On the weekends do you stick to your diet or do you just eat without worries?

Replies

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I count them. If i eat in a deficit on thursday and friday I may have a few extra for the weekend to add some treats.
  • Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I stick to it - eating with no worries can easily blow any deficit I've made through the week and it's even created a surplus at times. Not worth it to me. I do use some of my deficit for certain meals or treats, but I won't just all out eat whatever I want.
  • nichell88
    nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I stick to tracking and planning daily, don't take weekends off. For me, I plan a week ahead, so I log out my day in advance. Things may adjust a little on the day of, but for the most part, I stick to what I plan out. It's almost easier for me to track on the weekends because I feel like I have more time, so that's when I plan out my week.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I zig-zag my calories. I eat a little less during the week & then maintenance on the weekend. I'm still tracking so I don't over eat.
  • bradmlucas12
    bradmlucas12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want Friday and Saturday nights. 2 cheat meals per week and alcohol on Saturday. Don't care what I eat for those 2 meals. I am extremely strict during the week tho. 86 pounds down
  • cozytimes
    cozytimes Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    stick to it, the weekends go by fast anyways.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I tend to struggle on the weekends so usually I end up in between my normal deficit and maintenance. Still losing, just not as much. It helps to relax me without derailing.
  • laurenj915
    laurenj915 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I eat a very low calorie for breakfast and lunch on Saturday so I can splurge on a glass of wine, sushi and some chocolate for dinner.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I log as per usual. I am not on a diet
  • GottaluvFood
    GottaluvFood Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Still log. Still care.

I'm a binge eater. I eat very healthy, but too much of it at times. The calorie counting helps me be aware of those times. I'm more likely to stop mid-binge 'cuz I'll stop to log & that breaks my habit. I don't mind so much going over calories if it's special or celebratory...just not binging.

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I still stick to my deficit. I might eat lower calorie on tow meals so I can eat a treat- BUT i still log it and make sure it is within my deficit as much as possible. If I know something big is coming up like a birthday or something I will "bank" calories like some have said so I will still be ok
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I calorie bank.

I save calories during the week to use weekends.