Has anyone else?

Options
I have noticed since I lost 20+ lbs I am hotter temperature wise. When I was heavier I had to wear hoodies and jackets @ work and cover up with a blanket @ 78 degrees @ home. Now @ the same a/c temp and I have to have the ceiling fan on & I am still hot. I just had a check up so no medical problems that I am aware of so what gives? Anyone else having this issue?

Replies

• Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm the same way. I lost 20lbs and I'm hot all the time. It's crazy, I thought I would be cold all the time. Great job on the 20+ loss.
  • runner328
    runner328 Posts: 174
    Options
    Yes I'm the same way. I lost 20lbs and I'm hot all the time. It's crazy, I thought I would be cold all the time. Great job on the 20+ loss.

Thanks! Congrats to you too :)
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am the opposite. Usually I tend to be hot, recently I am sometimes actually cold.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Nope. After I lost about 30 pounds, I started being cold all the time, especially my feet.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    i am the opposite... when I started losing weight I started getting cold.. Now at 75lbs lighter I am cold all the time!
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    opposite here too. always freezing. well, not this last week with the heat wave, lol!
  • Claible
    Claible Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have lost 53 lbs and now I am finding myself cold all the time. Everyone at work has made a comment that it is 100+ degrees outside and I am wearing a jacket inside. LOL
  • lissarv68
    lissarv68 Posts: 61
    Options
    I went the other way. I was that person who sweated at the first increase in temperature (ugh) but now I tend to run colder than most others after dropping 55 lbs.
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Ditto with the rest - I'm cold now after about 30lbs down. I have extra sweatshirts and even a snuggy at my work lol
  • highdesertgirl
    Options
    I lost 38 pounds since last fall and I noticed that this summer at work, I turn the AC off because I get cold faster. I was always so hot last summer and wanted the AC turned colder. I also notice at night I don't sleeep with the AC on as cold as last two summers...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    :laugh: You're around 40, female, and it's July. Been there. I don't think it's the weight loss. :wink:
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    in have noticed i am not near as cold not near as often since loosing weight and getting fitter, i like to think its due to my metoblism revving up, but well i dont know
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Opposite too. Like right now, everyone is sitting sweating like crazy, and I'm totally fine. I think it's a side effect of excessive sweating during workouts. I've gotten so used to being so hot that it doesn't bother me anymore. I even stop getting so red during workouts now (I used to get BEET red, like to the point where people would stop and ask me if I was okay.)
  • runner328
    Options
    :laugh: You're around 40, female, and it's July. Been there. I don't think it's the weight loss. :wink:

LOL. Nope definitively not that yet. I do not have cycles because the medication I am on for endometrosis which also counteracts the effects for menopause.
  • RedNeckGal1970
    Options
    Oh... I hope I am like all of you who say you are colder. I have always ran warm compared to everyone around me, even when I was really skinny. Let's hope the same will be true for me... cold is awesome... anything over 80* I can do without! This week has been a real scorcher.

Just a thought... I have a couple of friends who are always cold... hands and feet very noticeably cold. They have low blood pressure, maybe taking off the weight has somehow changed your blood pressure and that changed your inner thermostat. I don't know, but maybe something to consider??
  • jesscorinne
    Options
    Nope. After I lost about 30 pounds, I started being cold all the time, especially my feet.

I lost about 20 lbs and my feet are alway cold too. it could be 90 degrees and my would go num. it could be poor circulation but i never had this and it should get better by losing weight
  • runner328
    Options
    Oh... I hope I am like all of you who say you are colder. I have always ran warm compared to everyone around me, even when I was really skinny. Let's hope the same will be true for me... cold is awesome... anything over 80* I can do without! This week has been a real scorcher.

Just a thought... I have a couple of friends who are always cold... hands and feet very noticeably cold. They have low blood pressure, maybe taking off the weight has somehow changed your blood pressure and that changed your inner thermostat. I don't know, but maybe something to consider??

You know what's funny even now my hands and feet are cold but I am hot. I used to have high blood pressure so I have a monitor @ home I check it w/. My pressure is normal now that I have lost weight.
  • brittanybee07
    Options
    A larger amount of exercise increases circulation so you stay warmer!
  • lissarv68
    lissarv68 Posts: 61
    Options
    It was 95* outside today, our office was 70* and I was cold! I actually had to go out into the heat to thaw my fingers out. It's kind of nice not always being over heated and sweating.