Switching Birth Control

Options
I have now been on Ortho Lo Tri-Cyclen for 2 months for control of PCOS and helping in the battle to become pregnant. After seeing that my body was doing better with Ortho Lo but having some complications (spotting, abdominal swelling/cramping, and fluid retention only on my ankles) my dr has ordered a change. As of next week I will begin month 3 on Ortho Tri-Cyclen. I am wondering if anyone else has had this switch? And what can I expect with the regular dosage?

Most things with the PCOS have regualted (hormones, blood glucose, weight loss, cycles) while on the Lo dosage and I just don't want to gain the weight back. I have 2 months of the regular dosage and then I will begin the next step of TTC. If my cycles do not stay regular after the 2 months on reg dose I will be introduced to clomid.

Any and all opinions on Ortho or Clomid are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• daniellerp
    daniellerp Posts: 21
    Options
    I have a friend who tried Clomid, she ovulated regularly right away and was pregnant in two months.

I have been on Ortho Tri Cyclen and didn't have any problem with weight while on it, I thought it kept my skin clear as well. I really liked it :)
  • selfdiscipline73
    selfdiscipline73 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I actually switched from Ortho-tricyclen to ortho-tricyclen lo due to migraine problems. I am predisposed to them though. I lost 60 lbs while on the regular ortho, so weight loss was not a problem for me. If you are already on a weight loss track, eating healthy and exercising then I don't think you will have a problem. Good luck!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I started Tri Cyclen Lo about a month and a half ago, the first 3 weeks I had migraines literally every day, sometimes I would get lucky and skip a day. It raised my BP but the doc said not to give up on them. I am only 2 wks into the new pack and I have already started my full blown monthly again! I stopped taking them on Tuesday and I have noticed I'm less tense and the shooting pain in my legs has gone away. I just thought my iron was low, but now I'm thinking the pills & pain were related. I'm not switching to anything right now. I need my body to get back in balance.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I have been on Desogen for over 10 years..and love it..no side effects nothing..
  • Kassielin13
    Kassielin13 Posts: 263
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments, advice and personal experience! I am glad to hear that no one gained weight with regular Ortho Tri-Cyclen!