What are eggbeaters?

Options
kr3851
kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
I've seen this on heaps on people's diaries and posts... but I'm Aussie and don't think we have them here... What are they?

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Liquid egg substitute. They're made out of real eggs, but magically have no cholesterol. It comes in a carton.
  • r3451
    r3451 Posts: 19
    Options
    Pourable egg whites. They come in a milk carton.
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    they are liquid eggs. They come in a carton, and are mostly egg whites, they have a tiny bit of yolk added, i believe.They look and taste exactly like a regular scrambled egg, but about half the calories.
  • kr3851
    Options
    Aww man... you guys get all the good stuff!!!
  • 4KidFather
    4KidFather Posts: 134
    Options
    Obesity epidemic, type2 diabetes, atherosclerosis, hypertension? oh you mean eggbeaters? :)

Egg
    Produced by Birds and reptiles.
    Ingredient: = egg

Egg beaters "Real Egg Product"
    Produced by ConAgraFoods:
    Ingredients :
    Egg Whites, less than 1%: Natural Flavor, Color (Includes Beta Carotene), Spices, Salt, Onion Powder, Vegetable Gums (Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum), Maltodextrin. Vitamins and Minerals: Calcium Sulfate, Iron (Ferric Phosphate), Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol Acetate), Zinc Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B1 (Thiamine Mononitrate), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride), Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin D3

An emulsified liquid multivitamin with some egg white in it.

They're probably illegal in Oz.
  • kr3851
    Options
    Obesity epidemic, type2 diabetes, atherosclerosis, hypertension? oh you mean eggbeaters? :)

Egg
    Produced by Birds and reptiles.
    Ingredient: = egg

Egg beaters "Real Egg Product"
    Produced by ConAgraFoods:
    Ingredients :
    Egg Whites, less than 1%: Natural Flavor, Color (Includes Beta Carotene), Spices, Salt, Onion Powder, Vegetable Gums (Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum), Maltodextrin. Vitamins and Minerals: Calcium Sulfate, Iron (Ferric Phosphate), Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol Acetate), Zinc Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B1 (Thiamine Mononitrate), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride), Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin D3

An emulsified liquid multivitamin with some egg white in it.

They're probably illegal in Oz.

I meant the eggbeaters... but secretly I meant the piles and piles of yellow fried food that I'm going to lose an extra 10kilos for, so that when I come to the US to celebrate the end of my journey and go nuts eating all the foods I've ever wanted to try, when I get back I'll be on track for maintenance!
  • 4KidFather
    4KidFather Posts: 134
    Options
    Gotcha!
    Well enjoy your trip over here to the Mecca of Industrial food products :)
    Please check out some real American fare - it's a fantastic place for great food if you look around. Smelt fry's are a big deal here in WI along with some good craft cheese and beer still :)