Can somebody please answer this?

Options
I logged in today and after completing my food log for the day it said I am eating too few calories and that I will force my body into starvation mode. The thing is along with my dieting and exercise I have been taking a fat burner and it greatly decreases my appetite. I swear I eat whenever I am hungry but I am just making way healthier choices. Should I be eating more even though I am not hungry? My husband who is a fitness "junkie" (MMA fighter) swears that my diet is good but seeing that after I entered in my food log scared me. I would appreciate anyone’s opinions greatly

Replies

• megpat227
    megpat227 Posts: 1
    Options
    You should be fine just make sure that you stay hydrated and and getting good nurtients....:smile:
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    You WILL get a mix of responses. And Im one of the pill supporters. But you can take it or leave it.

Unless you are under a physician's care who is prescribing you the medication and monitoring your food logs and other vitals, you should be trying to eat 1200 cals a day, at a minimum. If you arent NETting 1200 but arent hungry is where I say the line gets fuzzy, I dont eat if Im not hungry and have had a horribly under week, but that is not the norm for me, I usually eat 1200 before excercise at a minimum (and I was physician monitored while on diet medications. OTC and prescribed)
  • Tdavy814
    Tdavy814 Posts: 28
    Options
    Can I ask what pill you are taking, I was on slim quick or something like that, i liked it....
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Ya know what? As wonderful as the system is here at MFP, it is still only a TOOL. We each need to adapt it to our own needs and our own bodies. Over time, you will know what works for you. I would echo what others have said, though, and make sure you discuss this with a physician or a qualified nutritionist. I think sometimes we are so anxious about getting ourselves to feel better QUICKLY that we don't remember that one of the end goals of the whole weight loss journey is to have more self-awareness and to sustain a more healthy lifestyle. But - you know best what is best for YOU!
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    one day is fine, just as long as you are not constantly under all the time by a lot
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Since I can't view your diary, I can't say much specifically. But I know that MFP automatically gives that response whenever your calories fall below 1200 (the threshold may vary depending on your size, I don't know). I would guess the fat burning pills are going to help counter that. Just be careful to not go too low; and remember that when you are done and going off the pills, you are going to have to adjust things so that you keep near the weight you want (it's going to be trickier than if you didn't use the pills, IMO).

Also make sure you are taking a good multivitamin. It's almost impossible for a woman to get all the vitamins, etc, that she needs on 1200 calories a day or less. Especially be aware of your iron (women are more prone to anemia than men, usually because of that monthly visitor), calcium and Vitamin D (don't want to worry about osteoporosis later in life!), and folic acid even if you don't plan on pregnancy any time soon.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    step 1 : open jar of peanut butter
    step 2 : take spoon
    step 3 : dip the spoon in the jar
    step 4 : lick spoon

If you eat too little, you will lose weight but most likely it will be muscles. You want to keep your mucles because that is what make the difference between a great metabolism and a not so great one. If your metabolism get screwed, you have more chances to gain your weight back because it will store every once of fat it can get.

Good luck
  • strusdell
    strusdell Posts: 3
    Options
    As for what kind of pill I am taking it is called OxyElite Pro, and as for the not being able to view my food diary today I ate toast with Nutella spread for breakfast, a meal replacement shake for lunch, 6 oz of pacific whiting fish fillets with a pasta salad for dinner. I even had a pudding pop as a snack but eveything only totaled up to 986 calories and I burned almost 600 I believe today at the gym. I have started shopping better when buying food and I always choice foods with lower calories but I still feel that I eat enough. My husband was just telling me since I have a good amount of weight to lose I am fine being under but as I get smaller and smaller I will want to make sure tat I replace the calories I burn working out by eatting more.
  • fairylacious1021
    fairylacious1021 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are definitely NOT eating enough. Your body is probably going to start going into starvation mode and it will keep the fat on your body. By not eating enough calories you are also messing with your body metabolic rate. If you are supposed to eat 1200 calories a day, you should eat them and if you go to the gym and burn 600 you should be eating those as well, meaning, a total of 1800 calories a day. Any less if not good for your body. Try eating every 3 hours, 300 calories 5-6 times a day. I know this seems like alot of food, but in the end you will see more of a weight loss once your bodies metabolic rate gets back on track. I have spoken to many trainers over the years and taken a physical education class in college and have been told the same thing from everyone.I started at 204l lbs. and am now at 180. Hope this helps and keep up the good work!