Completed 30 day shred!!!

Options
kathrynG0705
kathrynG0705 Posts: 12 Member
edited April 2017 in Success Stories
I stuck with it and did all 30 days of the 30 day shred with no rest days! I only lost 7 pounds which is disappointing but I think I can see a difference in my progress pics. So glad I stayed committed!

czvezd1o1md9.jpg
chetb2bxfr0k.jpg
eei72rfdr4lj.jpg

Replies

• kathrynG0705
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    You look great and I can definitely see a difference :)

What are your plans next? I started with 30 Day Shred then moved on to Ripped in 30.

Thanks!! The changes aren't as drastic as I wanted but they are still there. I want to do another Jillian program but I need to look through YouTube to see what I can find for free. I'll probably either do Ripped in 30 or the Boost Metabolism one.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    7 lbs in less than a month is awesome!! I can see a difference. I have 30 day shred and I'm trying to talk myself into starting it again as I quit last time:/
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com has a LOT of free workout videos too that are really good as well. I like them better than jillian lol. they also have to where you can buy certain workout plans(really reasonable prices) and you own them forever. they also have eating plans too(again really reasonable) they dont sell you anything you buy your own foods and whatever else. But for the most part their videos are free. they have more than 500 videos free. check them out if you havent already.
  • roboliciousbob
    roboliciousbob Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yay! 7 pounds in a month is GREAT! And look at the difference that 30 days did in your shape! Bravo. I just started 30DS two days ago, I am so excited to get results like this! I plan on doing it a second month and then maybe moving to Rippedin30.
  • pennygm72
    pennygm72 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Wow, can definitely see the difference, congratulations!
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    7 lbs in a month is fantastic.
  • RemakingJia
    RemakingJia Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Planning to start the shred from tomorrow. Your success story came just on time and is very inspiring for me. :)
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Agree w/Wapan, and you increased your muscle mass while doing the shred. A lb of muscle takes up less space than a lb of fat so that may be the reason the weight loss didn't show up.
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah man f-it-up for reals. You look well on your way, keep kickin butt!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    griffinca2 wrote: »
    Agree w/Wapan, and you increased your muscle mass while doing the shred. A lb of muscle takes up less space than a lb of fat so that may be the reason the weight loss didn't show up.

weight loss happens in a deficit so if there was no weight loss then its possible there was no deficit. doesnt mean it was muscle either. you wont gain much muscle doing the 30 day shred.
  • kathrynG0705
    Options

weight loss happens in a deficit so if there was no weight loss then its possible there was no deficit. doesnt mean it was muscle either. you wont gain much muscle doing the 30 day shred.

I do have a calorie deficit. I don't know what it is exactly but I've set up mfp to losing two pounds a week and never eat more than the 1300 calories allowed. I do believe I've built muscle in some areas from the shred but still have a long journey ahead.
  • kathrynG0705
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options

I do have a calorie deficit. I don't know what it is exactly but I've set up mfp to losing two pounds a week and never eat more than the 1300 calories allowed. I do believe I've built muscle in some areas from the shred but still have a long journey ahead.

Hey I think you have made great progress
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    What a difference! I totally see it :smiley: Good job and keep being awesome ♥
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

if you arent using heavy weights and following a progressive lifting program you wont gain muscle in a deficit. not on 1300 calories.its very hard for a woman to gain muscle in a surplus of calories. what you are seeing is the muscle you already had underneath the fat you lost. you are seeing the definition because of it.now if you were eating in maintenance and doing a strength training/progressive lifting program then you could gain some muscle. if you set it to lose 2lbs a week then your deficit without exercise is 1000 calories.
  • vkr2q7
    vkr2q7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I just started 30DS yesterday! Can't wait to see how it goes. I can definitely tell it made a difference for you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!