I'M BACK!!! :) and I'm here for myself to be inspired to work out again and eat healthier full-time

Options
jodymaro1
jodymaro1 Posts: 63 Member
edited April 2017 in Introduce Yourself
I'm back. Even though I have only a few friends here left probably because I've been MIA for 3 years, oops... but Hi everyone! I'm 3 years older now lol and I've maintained 108 pounds for over a year now (up and down sometimes from 108-115). I have not exercised for personal reasons however which is a bummer, but I'm ready to start exercising again! I still eat healthy most days, but am a bad girl at times because I am happy with my body and my healthy lifestyle eating for the most part, and you only live one life...EAT THE CAKE IF YOU WANT IT! :) Hope everyone is doing well and I'm glad to be back ! My new very close and great friend from Facebook is joining today, Lynn. Hi Lynn!!! I'm back to help a my good friend reach her goal and help motivate her and this program will keep her accountable because it did for me 3 years ago. I havent been actively working out for 2 years but want to be inspired and motivated to get my butt back to the gym! I want to eat healthier than I should be as well for the past 3-5 years.

Replies

• jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    wow you sound like you know what living is all about haha, good luck to you and your friend! btw I agree, I hate the YOLO term but it does have a time in a place in life. Trust me, Ive modeled every aspect after this life in the "high speed" lane!
  • Spencersfitness1989
    Spencersfitness1989 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm in NY too! White Plains!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Very impressive! It's great to see positive stories like this after someone has been maintaining for many years. I see no loose skin on you and you're in your 40s, how on earth did you achieve such a feat?! Surgery or heavy lifting? Or didn't you have a lot to lose? I didn't notice any loose skin in your photos, anyway.

Welcome back and thanks for sharing. I'm 47, hoping for the first time in my life that I can get to goal and stay there. My goal is 130, 78 pounds to go. lol
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Great job and welcome back!
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Aw, good for you
  • jodymaro1
    jodymaro1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I've maintained 115 for a few years actually but it was prob cuz I did weight training 5 days a week and cardio 1-2x and ate much healthier and clean. I lost 25 pounds about 3 or 4 times in my life. My highest weight was 138 for 5 foot frame. No Bueno for me. I was 97 lbs up thru age 18 and from 20 on it went down hill all cuz of peoples harsh words and the emotional eating began. I yoyoed for years! Was on every diet out there and every pill. Weight watchers worked for the long term. I have a slow metabolism so anyyhint id eat over my cals bam i would gain....finally the insanity stopped. For past few yrs i stopped drinking any fake sugar subs and fat free stuff. I really think thats what helped the most to be honest! I also stopped weighing myself so much. They say if you think you are sick you will make yourself sick! Truth! It took commitment dedication passion and hard work. And the lifestyle just fell into place and plataeus faded and weight. Anyone can achieve their goals if they believe in themselves and love themselves and WORK! Thank you all for your inspiration, support and welcoming me back...and for also sharing your story Sandy! Keep at it. It works if you work it!