Late Night Snack

Options
Just went for an 80 minute walk and did a 2.5 mile run this morning (very active on weekends!!). I am only netting about 680 calories for today and I am looking for a snack to eat now. Any suggestions?? Thanks!!

Replies

• winneau
    winneau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Protein! Great for a late night snack. Think cottage cheese, yogurt, etc.
  • MelodAngel
    MelodAngel Posts: 27
    Options
    I like apples with peanut butter! PB is high in calories, and so are some apples. It works for me! I just had cereal lol..
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I agree! Protein! String cheese? Yogurt?
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    Mine isn't as healthy but every night before bed I get some hot choc and 2oz pretzels..I think the carbs help me sleep..lol..
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Is there anything your chart says you're low on? I know I've found that if I'm lacking something, eating food with a good amount of what I'm lacking makes me feel fuller faster and for longer.

If you're lacking protein, a handful of nuts or a container of yogurt make a good snack and are about 100-200 calories per serving.

If you're lacking carbs, Wheat Thins (or other whole wheat snack), pretzels, some toast, or your favorite vegetables are good and again around 100-200 calories per serving.

A protein or nutritional shake is also a good general snack, as is a bowl of cereal or a fruit smoothie.
  • LJCDuke11
    LJCDuke11 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't as healthy but every night before bed I get some hot choc and 2oz pretzels..I think the carbs help me sleep..lol..

yeah... i feel the same way.. sometimes you just need a few warm carbs to go to sleep...
  • funluvsweetness
    funluvsweetness Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try protein smoothies post-workout. I use 100% whey protein - got my last jug at target (http://www.target.com/Pure-Protein-Vanilla-Cream-Powder/dp/B003V5PUZQ/ref=sc_qi_detaillink). I prefer the vanilla flavors because you can mix it with more to create more variety. I freeze bananas (broken in chunks), and use other frozen (unsweetened berries). I mix skim milk (1/2c-1c depending on my activity) with 1/2-1 scoop protein. Then add the frozen bananas as your thickener (the equivalent of 1/2-1 medium banana) and either 1/2-1 Tbsp reduced fat peanut butter OR frozen berries such as blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries... you get the idea! I bought the GE Rocket Blender last November (http://www.walmart.com/ip/GE-Single-Serve-Blender-Silver/15231389) and it works fabulous - blend and serve right in the same container.

They are a fantastic, yummy treat and filled with protein (obviously), which helps rebuild the muscle you break down working out. Hope this helps for future snacks or meal replacements! Good luck!

5503296.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • vulrich93
    vulrich93 Posts: 99
    Options
    Half a bell pepper with hummus<3 mmm
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    opted for some greek yogurt with a small amount of fiber one cereal mixed in...and I'm full! :smile:
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    Go for protein! A shake, some egg whites, some chicken breast, whatever!!!!!!!