Calling all Bariatric patients!!!

Options
I'm new to my fitness pal and looking for other bariatric surgery friends to share advice, keep eachother accountable and vent! I have had the lapband for 11yrs. I recently gained quite a bit of weight and am starting the process completely over. Please add me if you've had wls!!!

Replies

• Miss_Hattie
    Miss_Hattie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm from Indiana and I'm prepping to have bariatric surgery. I have my psych assessment on Friday. I think I'll be having the duodenal switch. You're experienced so maybe I can learn some things from you. I'll do my best to support you and give you a boot when needed. LOL.
  • xxCelestexx
    xxCelestexx Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I just had surgery April 17th. I am looking for more people on here to connect with.
  • umustlovecats2
    umustlovecats2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am having the the gastric balloon procedure this coming Thursday. I too could use support and will give it too! :)
  • lindabalseca
    lindabalseca Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm just about done with all my requirements for gastric sleeve this Monday will finish the last of it other than 2 week pre op diet...this will be revisional I had the lap band and removed too many issues...
  • cddonald22
    cddonald22 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just had the VSG procedure on 4/18. So far so good.

I know this is a controversial subject so I was wondering if this were any groups for bariatric people?
  • sweetirish
    sweetirish Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm scheduled for May 8 this year. Accountability partners welcome!
  • lkwarner3
    lkwarner3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting on the journey to bariatric surgery. Looking for inspiration and honesty to help me through and process and beyond.
  • gradedparadox
    gradedparadox Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm having surgery this week. Nervous and excited!! Send me a friend request, I'm looking for supportive people.

I don't think there's a group for them. I'm hunting for it though...
  • gettinfit4god
    gettinfit4god Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hey, ya'll! There are some great groups on FB for bariatric surgery. People are constantly posting before and after pictures and sharing non-scale victories. It's very encouraging! Check it out!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I had sleeve February 2016. I'm down 90 lbs. 30 or so to goal. Please friend me if you want support.
  • babyrover
    babyrover Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am having the the gastric balloon procedure this coming Thursday. I too could use support and will give it too! :)

I have been participating in the Spatz3 Gastric Balloon study. The balloon was placed on Sept 30 2016 and will be removed Friday, May 12, 2017. The Spatz3 is adjustable and can remain in for up to 12 months, which is why it is in clinical trials for FDA approval. The process is not for the faint of heart but has done what it said it was capable of doing. SW: 249.6 CW: 170.8 for a total of 78.8 lbs in 32 weeks. I went from a size 18/20 jean to a 9/10 jean. Side effects: I have not had a 24 hour period in the last 32 weeks that I did not feel "punky" at some point. There is an onset of nausea throughout the day that comes and goes without warning. When you eat you get that "just finished a HUGE Thanksgiving dinner (with dessert)" feeling that hangs on for just a little too long. You should never take anything by mouth up to 3 hrs before going to bed (this includes water) as it will trigger the worse acid reflux you can possibly imagine. Benefits: I have relearned the definition of a single serving size. I have also kicked my caffeine and sugar habit. I had knee replacements done in 2011, the extra weight I was carrying was hard on the new joints, that is now a thing of the past. I participate in 4 or 5 Zumba classes a week. Less weight does equal more energy (for me)

This has been a long tough journey but I am glad I took it as my life, health and future outlook is the better for it. I am scheduled to take after pictures next week the night before removal and I will then share the (horrible, ugly, no good) before and after shots.
  • jgwlodarczyk413
    jgwlodarczyk413 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just had the RNY bypass on May 3rd.