Logging food photos for motivation??

Options
I would like to photograph whatever I eat to help keep myself aware of what I am consuming. Similar to writing it down, I think it would help me to visually see it. Is there any way to add photographs to food log entries? Or do you have any other advice?

I would like the photos to be timestamped with the date, stored somewhere that won't take up my phone space, and private. I also haven't come across any apps that fit my needs.

Replies

• Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Instagram? Not sure, I don't use it, but ANY photo cloud service (google photos etc) will probably do this for you. Especially if you want to keep them private. If you have amazon prime it comes with an amazon based photo storage service as well. These things all have apps so it should be really easy to upload them, tag them, etc.

Just logging calories is light-weight enough for me. Ask yourself if you really need to see the food you ate 8 weeks ago, or if it has significance to your diet plan. I usually just take pics of the really good stuff. With that said, whatever works for YOU is the best thing, so if this helps you stay on track I say GO FOR IT!
  • CoffeeAndWanderlust
    CoffeeAndWanderlust Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I could use instagram, but I was hoping for something less linear and more organized by date. It's not necessarily that I want to go back and look at it, more that having a visual record might keep me from making poor choices. A picture can be more confrontational than text in a food log. Meanwhile, good choices are visually represented too
  • CoffeeAndWanderlust
    Options
    Thanks for your advice
  • GothicsDarkAngel
    GothicsDarkAngel Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I post everything I eat on instagram with calorie count. EatingToLose150. Come follow me!! It really does help me to see what I've eaten. AND it stops you from just scarfing it down...you have to stop and take a picture. I do also track everything in MFP.
  • AnnaBanana5010
    AnnaBanana5010 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I would really appreaciate if my fitness pal had this option. I tried Instagram ... im not crazy about that
  • CoffeeAndWanderlust
    Options
    Are there any other apps you may suggest?