I find that 100 grams a day works for me
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I personally can't live on just meat and fat, so I have a few carbs
  • georgie71mfp
    georgie71mfp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi just finish a week on no carb i went from 20 to 50 a day i did not loose a pound and all that rich food i cannot keep it so i decide to come back fitness pal and cut down my carb they say 183 per day but i believe his to much so i will try to change they amount of carb each day
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Good luck having any energy
  • Breeticus87
    Breeticus87 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I do the low carb diet, it works for me :wink:
  • M1ssdanni
    M1ssdanni Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Could not do that for more than a day! Makes me weak
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1.5kgs vegies a day because I love them, so absolutely no chance of me doing no carbs.
  • leniseb
    leniseb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've eaten 20 grams or fewer carbs a day for over a year. I've lost 92 pounds and have enough energy every day to walk about 10 miles every day (takes me 2.5 hours, so 4 mph).
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    tsortsor wrote: »
    Good luck having any energy

It will take a few days for your body to adjust to lack of carbs.....after it does, your energy level will increase.

I do think it's better to have some carbs however, but things like green vegetables that are very low on the glycemic index.

Agreed. When I am really strict and only get my carbs from low starch veggies, my energy level soars after my body adapts.
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    No carb?? Even pure carnivores eat carbs. Lions consuming their recently killed (obviously raw) prey will get some glycogen when they consume the muscles and liver. Of course, lions and nearly all other animals can synthesize their own vitamin C; humans cannot.
  • Samanthaleighme3
    Samanthaleighme3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found that my body works best on about 60-70 g of carbs a day. As far as energy goes, while not focusing on healthy carbs and keeping them under 100g I would be exhausted during the day. I used to require naps just to function. My body was sluggish. I didn't want to wake up and I had a hard time falling asleep. Since transitioning to less than 100 g a day, I've seen only improvement in my sleep habits and energy.
  • stelladiamond2015
    stelladiamond2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did it last summer & lost 42 lbs. I stopped in Nov around Turkey day & so for the holidays I ate really really bad. I ended up gaining 12 lbs back over all. I just started back on the low carbs as I found this has been the most forgiving diet ever!
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I need pizza in my life.
  • cjarmstrong1234a
    cjarmstrong1234a Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been keeping my carbs low this last week (about 75 - 105g) because I got a big scare with my blood sugar levels. I'm prediabetic so can't/shouldn't eat that many anyway. I found that I can live without most of it as I was more a "meatatarian" anyway, but I really miss my pizza, but I've done some searching and found the cloud bread recipe and I love it. At this point I'm more concerned with getting my blood glucose levels down and I know the weight will come off if I get a little more active with the way I've been eating. Hopefully, I can keep it up.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Hope you're taking a multivitamin since you're not eating any fruits and veggies. A no carb diet is pretty sad imo (pun not intended, but laugh anyway).
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Anyone trying the no carbs lifestyle

Low carb for the rest of my life won't work for me (no medical issues). Instead of elimination for weight loss I look for permanent changes...if low carb can be a current AND future lifestyle for you.......then you'll have good tools for maintenance. That's what lifestyle changes are.....permanent changes.

@zyxst is correct fruits, veggies, dairy....naturally have carbs. So you are likely low-carbing.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    OP - read the book. Atkins is LOW CARBS - not no carbs. In my case it was about 50 carbs a day allowed.

When I did Atkins, I lost 35 pounds, but I missed pasta BAD...so I switched to WW, which is low fat, and lost 15 more pounds.

After doing Atkins and WW... I missed regular food BAD so I switched to something insane that will never ever catch on...

DIET AND EXERCISE.

Using D&E I lost the last 30 pounds and ate whatever I wanted, but I used portion control and counted the calories.

Guess what? I am still doing diet and exercise and keep the weight off for years now.

Something to consider...