Advice-Sports bra's-Help! Women only please!

Options
Luckybabbs
Luckybabbs Posts: 1 Member
edited April 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all,

Leann here. 36 yo female, Iowa.

Been working out a few months now and have dropped about 25 pounds.

I'm looking for some advice from the ladies on sports bra's.

I'm a larger chested girl and my bra's all hurt my shoulders. Any luck or recommendations for a good brand/style?

Thanks!!!!

Replies

• Kuekuatsheu
    Kuekuatsheu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey!

So I've just joined but I'm also a larger chested woman and I find my Puma sports bra amazing! It's not only got the traditional backing but also a clasp for extra support.

Eve
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber.
  • ashbabe25
    ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Jumping on this one too. Anyone?
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I just asked this same question the other day. :) I think Champions was the #1 recommended. VS was a second but apparently their new bras arent as good as their older models.
  • Picoides
    Picoides Posts: 16 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I second the recommendation of Shock Absorber sports bras. I love them. Super comfortable and hold everything in place. The style I wear has two sets of clasps in back, which really helps with fit.

I'm in Canada and I've ordered them online from The Bay.

Edited to add: checked the style and it's the Shock Absorber Active Multisport Support Bra or Multisport Max Support bra, style # 4490.
  • memickee
    memickee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort is my bra of choice. Really keeps the girls secure.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    Junonia.com is a good source. I haven't bought anything from Athleta, but they do have a huge selection of sports bra's to choose from.

I find the criss-cross back to be more comfortable than other styles.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Panache sports
  • Emmest1
    Emmest1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a professional bra fitter and I recommend the Panache wired/non-wired sports bra that also has a racerback setting if you so wish, and the Shock Absorber D+ Max. They need to be really quite firm on your back, and you need to make sure there's pretty much no breast tissue outside of the cups. Make sure to adjust yourself in properly too. Unfortunately, sports bras that give you a nice cleavage will not cut it if you're doing high impact so the fuller coverage the better! Feel free to PM me if you need any more help :) xxx
  • rsmotivated
    rsmotivated Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just bought 2 champion high support 1602. They are comfy and very supportive.