Replies

• ocrXfitter
    ocrXfitter Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Not a Spartan, but I do other OCRs.
  • MtnMamaK
    MtnMamaK Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've done a sprint and plan on doing either another sprint or a full this year!
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    AROO!!!

Been out due to injury since 2015. Hoping to get in a Sprint at least this year! Will shoot for the Trifecta in 2018 again.
  • spartan_d
    spartan_d Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Check out my name and give me an AROO.

I do just about every OCR that I can, including Spartan Races.
  • rubrink
    rubrink Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Super in Austin in a couple weeks. Have lost like 20 lbs since the last one I suffered through (when I said I would never do another one at that weight). Pretty excited!

I've only done one other Super and Beast (other than like 4 or 5 sprints), and usually I've been in the middle of long run training season. Now I havent been running nearly as much (like 3-5 miles), so the run's going to be the hard part.
  • spartan_d
    Options
    The Beasts are my favorite.

And before anyone asks... Yes, I do all my burpees. Even in the open waves. :)
  • CMcD1445
    CMcD1445 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    AROO!! My next Spartan Race is the Tokyo Sprint May 27th.

Fellow Spartans, would you mind a friend request on here? My tribe could use a few more like minded individuals!
  • spartan_d
    Options
    OCR-related friend requests are always welcome as far as I'm concerned.
  • spartan_d
    Options
    Mad respect indeed. That's the way it should be, BTW. Spartan HQ doesn't tend to emphasize this, but they have said that the burpee penalties still apply in the open waves. (http://obstacleracingmedia.com/featured/new-spartan-waves-spartan-hq-answers-questions/)

There is some confusion because (for legal liability reasons) they now have signs posted stating that people can skip obstacles if they want to. They also make elites and competitive wave racers sign a pledge, stating that they will do all of their penalties. The burpee penalty has never gone away though, even though Spartan HQ doesn't chase after the ones who blow it off.
  • rubydrm
    rubydrm Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I ran my first Spartan in Seattle and will finish my trifecta this year in Red Deer!!!! So excited!!!! btw...I barely survived the Montana Beast lol After that experience, I feel like every other race will be wayyy easier!!! AROO!!!
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Meee!!!

Hahaha, if I can get the time off work, I am planning on doing the Spartan Super in Chicago next month! :)
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* Add me or PM me if you have any questions or want to chat OCR :smile: