Figuring ODD calories burned

Options
I am new to using myfitnesspal and would like to know if there is a quick way to figure your "calories burned" for activities that are not in the website list. We have a small farm and work pretty hard on it for hours at a time on most days. I would like to be able to count something off for those hours! hahaha
If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know! Thanks!

Replies

• SheWei
    SheWei Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just found out today HOUSE cleaning was on there. .hhahahaha!

Try this website and see if it works to figure out what you've been burning. I'm sure you are burning a lot. GOOD LUCK.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp?exercise=142
  • Degator
    Degator Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    When you signed up it asked for you normal routine, like whether you were sedentary or active, etc. Did you include the farm work into that equation? If not, then you may have to add individual items. Like raking leaves, may be the same as hoeing. There is also horseback riding listed too? Just a few thoughts. Good luck.
  • Ruthann2
    Ruthann2 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Try this site then you can make your own exercise http://www.fitday.com/webfit/burned/calories_burned.html
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If it is work you do on a daily basis you should not log it (if you already factored it into your lifestyle,be it sedentary or lightly active etc.)
  • fitaliciag
    fitaliciag Posts: 373
    Options
    i think you should wear a heart rate monitor all day to track, or get a body bugg :)
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    If it's pretty much your everyday life, you can change your activity level to a higher activity. If it's occasional with a much more sedentary lifestyle in between, then you may want to consider a heart rate monitor.
  • AshValen
    AshValen Posts: 6
    Options
    You can purchase a heart rate monitor, they usually will tell you how many calories burned and keep track of your heart rate!:) Hope this helps!
    :smile: