New Here, Looking for some friends and motivation.

Options
Hey everyone, I am new here. Still trying to figure out this site. I am looking for tips, advice, motivation, anything that you all would be willing to help me with along the way. Share with me what works for you to lose weight. I am doing this pretty much on my own, which kinda sucks because it helps me more with someone else, but I need to do this. My reasons for wanting to lose weight is because I want to be healthy, feel better about myself, fit into clothes, and be less insecure. I have many insecurities, and mainly due to my weight. I feel like my weight has taken over my life, my emotions, and my social life with friends and family. I worry so much about what others think about me that I seem to run to food, then end up feeling guilty. I used to be pretty fit back in high school, when I was active with marching band. I would eat junk, late at night and everything, but I think the physical activity kept me in shape. I want to be back to the weight I was in high school, or at least close to it. I have about 60 pounds I want to lose, and could use the help and guidence. Meal ideas, recipes, exercises, etc. Anything you can share with me would be wonderful. Please add me as a friend if you would like, and hope to get to know all of you :)

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • changeisgood55
    Options
    Welcome! A friend request is on it's way. Good luck with your journey! You can do this and we are here to help.
  • Sammiiehowe
    Options
    Welcome :D feel free to add me :) x
  • Justkf
    Justkf Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you are in the right place, you can friend me if you like. :)
  • vicki915
    vicki915 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Well I'm still kinda new myself. But I have found that the more friends you make on here, the more contagious the good energy is. If you would like we can figure this out together. I also have 60lbs to lose as my first goal. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    lindsey_mickeyd Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    A fellow marching band geek!!! Woooo!!! I'm in pretty much the EXACT same boat as you. Like back in high school I weighed 145ish and I thought I was fat! (Now I'm like 168.) So yeah, I totally know what exactly what you mean about the physical activity keeping you in shape. Feel free to add me if you'd like!! :)
  • tkirkes
    tkirkes Posts: 121
    Options
    Welcome to the website, I'm new on here too. This is only my 5th day. I'm kinda in the same situation you are... In High School I played softball, basketball and ran track I was really small. Since college and having a office job.. I've gained about 50 to 60lbs and I hate it. I want to be that skinny girl or atleast fit girl I once was. I'm feelingso much better since I've just been counting calories, walking and I feel wonderful!!! If you'd like to friend me I would be more than happy to try and send motivation your way. Have a great day and good luck on your journey!
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I don't have any suggestions to offer, except get as many friends on here as possible. I know having many supporters and friends on here has really helped me. I am always open to more friends and motivators also. All I expect is that they all use clean language. If I get friends on here that use foul language, I just delete them from my friends list. I am sending you a friend request.
  • Hirundo
    Hirundo Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Im pretty new here too, ill add you!
  • twilight_princess
    twilight_princess Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the forums today, so you can add me (as well as anyone else). I don't really know what I'm looking for maybe just to get and give motivation, tips etc and to know theres many other people in the same boat. Have a look at my profile. ;)
  • ginabina13
    ginabina13 Posts: 202
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies who posted before me! I've been on MFP about a month now and love it! I'm sure you will too! Feel free to add me if you like!
  • xoannettejunexo
    Options
    LOL! Yeah a band geek here :D I haven't played in such a long time. I used to think I was fat in high school, now I look back and think I was crazy. I have a old picture now of back in those days, and think " I wish I could be that skinny" Sometimes I cant even believe that used to be me. I will add you :)
  • vtakougang
    vtakougang Posts: 46
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck and if you need anyone to talk to feel free to message me! I'll add you!
  • nicolelouise143
    Options
    hello there welcome
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    lindsey_mickeyd Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    LOL! Yeah a band geek here :D I haven't played in such a long time. I used to think I was fat in high school, now I look back and think I was crazy. I have a old picture now of back in those days, and think " I wish I could be that skinny" Sometimes I cant even believe that used to be me. I will add you :)

ME TOO!!! Like totally!! I seriously have a picture of myself ON THE DAY I quit weight watchers the first time I did it (by then I had lost about 20lbs) and I weighed around145 and I think to myself, "And I thought I was THAT fat then???" I would LOVE to be 145 again!!! But I'll get there soon!!!
  • Loredo88
    Loredo88 Posts: 9
    Options
    I've been using MFP for about 3 weeks now so I'm fairly new as well. Feel free to add me!
  • fairylacious1021
    fairylacious1021 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome, sending friend request now.8968045.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome.
    This is a great tool for weight loss. Mine has been somewhat slower than I had hoped for but it is steady and I have not gained any weight back. This program forces you to make food choices but that gets easier as you go. It also makes you aware of all the extra calories that you may not want to eat. I have started reading "Cooking Light" magazine for some low calorie meals and that has helped too.
  • Danelyh
    Danelyh Posts: 27
    Options
    Wow, I have the same thoughts and feelings about myself. I have 63lbs that I want to lose. I joined MFP (Myfitnesspal) a few days ago and I know that this time I will be able to take the weight off and keep it off with the help, motivation and support from other members here. Just knowing that I am not alone in how I feel and see myself is helpful. Just logging my meals and knowing I can eat a little more if I exercise in motivating me. I would be happy to be friends, just send me a friend request if you want. Good Luck.