Alternative to jaw breakers?

Options
I love jaw breakers. I have a couple every day... well maybe like 5/7 days per week. Sometimes I have like 4 or 5. I always make sure to not go over my calorie goal (yes I eat my exercise cals), but I just know that all that sugar is bad for my body and bad for my teeth.

Oh and... there's 16 grams of sugar in 3 pieces.

I try to chew gum whenever I know I'm not hungry, but my mouth wants to do something... but I just love jaw breakers! Lol.

help?

(Btw... I try to avoid artificial sweeteners. I do use pure stevia, though.)

Replies

• emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Smarties = 15 pieces = 25 calories :)
  • katieeweiss
    katieeweiss Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    How much sugar? A jaw breaker is only 20 calories lol.
  • Laurabetha
    Laurabetha Posts: 15
    Options
    You can eat 7 rolls of Smarties before you break 200 calories! If you chew them, the candy/sugar is not sitting on your teeth for so long.
  • katieeweiss
    katieeweiss Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    But aren't they kind of sour? I'm not resistant to change, promise! lmao. I just don't remember liking Smarties all that much.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I dont think they are sour ... but if jawbreakers are your love and you enjoy them and can budget them in, why change it.

I LIVE for Smarties .... its my perfect go to food especially when I am stressed out with homework. It takes me hours to eat 10 rolls... and even still only 250 calories down!
  • Laurabetha
    Laurabetha Posts: 15
    Options
    I would just eat the jaw breakers. You like them, why change? I don't think they are that big of deal.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I had to go google Smarties because I had never heard of a 'roll of Smarties'. ~chuckles~ Never had a clue there was a different kind than the chocolate ones.
  • KAT1892
    KAT1892 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I take it we are talking American Smarties and not Canadian Smarties which are actually more like M&Ms?

Had me fooled there for a minute thinking about all that amazing candy coated chocolate I could eat lol.
  • KAT1892
    KAT1892 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had to go google Smarties because I had never heard of a 'roll of Smarties'. ~chuckles~ Never had a clue there was a different kind than the chocolate ones.

Yeah, where I come from we call those "Rockets" ! Live and learn :)