right hip bigger than left??

Options
So as ive been losing weight ive noticed that my right hip is significantly bigger than my left. I thought to myself this cant be right?? So i looked at my husband when he got home from work and simply asked are my hips the same size or is one bigger? And right away he said your right ones a lot bigger. HOW DO I FIX THIS?? lol. Im assuming they'll even out as i lose weight, but On my journey of losing weight id prefer if my hips were the same size as any clothing that isnt baggy shows it off. Give me any suggestions you have : )

Replies

• slimmerme2012
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I thought I was going crazy lol
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Do you mean one is higher then the other? I have that problem my Rt hip is higher then the left.
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    lol. in a similar boat. i looked in the mirror last night and swore that one side of my 'tire' was more deflated than the other. and I thought that wouldn't be possible, that'd i'd lose evenly around my middle. i convinced myself i was seeing things. maybe i'm not. :tongue:
  • amorgan101187
    Options
    ya the right is higher than the left, good thinking maybe thats why its more pronounced.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I think it is from carring my daughter. I hate it becasue when I wear jeans I tend to step on the left pant leg more. Try streching really good or see a massage therapist and they may be able to help stretch and adjust it a little
  • Malloryrae1211
    Malloryrae1211 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue and I think it's from the way I carry my kids around. I've tried switching sides but always seem to forget when I pick them up! :)
  • Devani34
    Devani34 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    lol. in a similar boat. i looked in the mirror last night and swore that one side of my 'tire' was more deflated than the other. and I thought that wouldn't be possible, that'd i'd lose evenly around my middle. i convinced myself i was seeing things. maybe i'm not. :tongue:

...love the pole dacing bunny. Too cute
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Just glad to know I'm not the only one...my hubbie thinks it's because my right side is stronger...whatever the case..I hope it evens out...:grumble:
  • bluevwgurl
    bluevwgurl Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    ya the right is higher than the left, good thinking maybe thats why its more pronounced.

My left hip is higher than my right (chiropractor pointed this out, but of course with 63 sessions he could have me straightened out...). My left shoulder also sits higher (obviously). I always thought it odd that in pics i would tilt my head (because i am over- compensating, knowing that i tilt my head slightly due to the height difference, trying to make my head straight). lol see my pic? head tilted. lol @ me!
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    If it's your actual hip placement that's higher I would suggest a chiropractor. I have one that tends to be higher, but have an adjustment I'm even. I was first told when I was laying face down on the chiropractic table and he was like oh this leg is "shorter" because your hips aren't even. My friend was standing right there and confirmed, was adjusted and wa la... no longer uneven. You could probably test this out at home with a friend/bf/spouse. Chiropractic REALLY helped my horseback riding! Made me sit evenly and I no longer had a "bad direction" in which I rode worse in.
    I sooo wish I could afford a chiropractor right now.