Dear Vegans Please Help!

Options
ilookthetype
ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
1. I'm not vegan. Sorry.
2. I can't eat dairy, and I can no longer eat cheese, it makes me sick as a dog.
3. I can't eat soy or gluten.

Have any of you come across a decent cheese/yogurt that is gf/soy/vegan?

I found ice cream that I can eat, even butter but I cannot find cheese that is vegan/lactose/casien free AND gluten/soy free. Am I holding out hope for something that simply doesn't exist?

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I read this as "Dear Vaginas"
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Daiya Cheese

So Delicious coconut milk ice cream
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    There is a brand called "Galaxy Nutritional" that is AMAZING!!! Okay, their soy products, like all others, taste like dirty socks (don't ask how I know, haha)! They have a line of products made with rice milk that are delicious and literally taste just like cheese! They have rice cheddar, mozzarella, pepperjack, american, and even cream cheese! Google Galaxy Nutritional Cheese and their website should come up...you could probably see there if it's gluten-free or not, but it's delicious!

Another good one is Daiya, and I believe that one is gluten-free/soy-free as well.
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options

lol
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

OMG ME TOO!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    1. I'm really sorry to those who were disappointed this was about things other than lady parts, next time...I promise.

2. Thanks! I'm super excited to look into the stuff you suggested. I've missed cheese :(
  • Poss25
    Poss25 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    To add a "cheesy", low calorie, nutritious & yummy flavour to pasta sauces (and many other dishes), simply sprinkle a tablespoon or so of Savoury Yeast flakes over the top. These are also known as Nutritional Yeast flakes. :smile: