Fitness Partner?

Options
Hey, MFP!

I am in dire need of a constant accountability partner. I started exercising in 2013 and have lost, gained, lost, and gained again my starting weight. I don't know anyone personally who is in the same situation as I am, so most times it kinda feels like I don't have anyone to turn to when the going gets tough. Most partners I had (this is not to downplay their struggles) only had to maintain their weight or lose 10lbs at most, and they kind of disappear on me when that's met. If there is someone out there I can share both my goals and frustrations, I'm more than happy to do the same for you! For what it's worth, I am a 23-year-old woman who is around 200lbs and is 5'7 in height. My goal is to lose 50lbs (60lbs at most) by the end of the year, and hopefully maintain it from there.

If someone out there is interested, come on in and let's be miserable together! Just kidding. I'm a happy person. I just want to be happier. :)

Friends?

Cheers,
deadfolk

Replies

• jesslynn0520
    jesslynn0520 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people who has 10 pounds to lose. I lost 70 before I had my son. I gained 43 during pregnancy and have lost 30 pounds so far since he's been born (he's 18 months so it's taken me a while). It is a struggle for me daily. I'm always looking for new friends if you'd like to add me.
  • deadfolk
    deadfolk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people who has 10 pounds to lose. I lost 70 before I had my son. I gained 43 during pregnancy and have lost 30 pounds so far since he's been born (he's 18 months so it's taken me a while). It is a struggle for me daily. I'm always looking for new friends if you'd like to add me.

Hi, Jesslynn! I'd love to be your friend! Thanks for posting here. Going to add you on here now. :)
  • curseofdark
    curseofdark Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey. I'm 22 y.o. started out at about 90kg ish. I lost about 30kg when I started my undergraduate program. I then gained all the weight I lost, and then some more, ending up at 120kg.

Been using MFP for the past 2 months or so and I've lost about 33kg!

Add me up, please. I need motivation and tips sharing on fitness and food intake. :D
  • bernetra30
    bernetra30 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Let's keep each other inspired!
  • sarahcecile12
    sarahcecile12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 20, 5'3 and 140 lbs. Want to lose like 30-40. Sounds like you situation is pretty similar to mine. I reallyy need an accountability partner lol
  • Starsetxo
    Starsetxo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! Looking for more friends to start this journey with!
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm going to add you. I'm down from 244 to 163 and I would love to be your friend!
  • monkeygirl08
    monkeygirl08 Posts: 2,109 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hey Deadfolk, I'll be your friend! Our goals are similar. I'm 27, started at 237, currently at 220ish with a goal of losing 50-60 pounds. I also struggled with keeping the weight off and gaining it back within the last few years. This time, I'm determined to make it work! Slow and steady wins the race!

Everyone else is free to add me as well!

Heather