Back fat and muffins - perimenopause perks!

Options
okay, it sounds like a southern bbq joint menu. I have to say it conjures up a mighty pleasing image until I realize it's me. Yup, back fat and muffin-tops! I am tortured by the body that jumped onto my body. True, I have never been toned or really fit, but I could get away with a little flab by strategic dressing. But now, not so lucky. Anyone want to join a challenge to loose the menopause padding. I have a wedding to attend labor day weekend and that has been a good catalyst to start. Would love some company... just if to say menopause sucks! :)

Replies

• karrenbennett
    Options
    Peri-menopause is driving me crazy! Yep... the back fat has got me... fortunately I don't have the muffin top... yet! I'm hoping to avoid that. I have to work harder now to lose even a little bit of weight.
    I'll join you in a challenge. I too have a wedding to attend. It's my daughter's wedding and it is not until May 19, 2012. So I still have some time. Speaking of time....
    What time is it?
    It's 9:38 PM and menopause still suck!
    (If you're a University of Texas fan you'll know where this came from :smile: )
  • usmcfemale
    usmcfemale Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i'm with you as well. weight that i just can't seem to shake. i want to go on a cruise in Feb. and the lower body weight has caused me to throw 10 pair of pants that used to fit onto my closet floor each morning. i'm in! let's make it to labor day and beyond.
  • Chickabittie
    Chickabittie Posts: 272
    Options
    Hi you two!

Friend me if you want. Iam only 46, and have been dealing with perimenopause since 45. I CANNOT lose the weight. Just won't come off. I never had to lose weight in my life, and now that I'm breaking my butt, it is not moving. I work out hardcore 5 days a week, at least, and eat aroung 12-1300 cals. If you find the magic bullet, let me know. Truly, truly sucks.

Mary Anne
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I can relate to the muffin top. I have a 5k I am training for on Labor Day!
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    Hi you two!

Friend me if you want. Iam only 46, and have been dealing with perimenopause since 45. I CANNOT lose the weight. Just won't come off. I never had to lose weight in my life, and now that I'm breaking my butt, it is not moving. I work out hardcore 5 days a week, at least, and eat aroung 12-1300 cals. If you find the magic bullet, let me know. Truly, truly sucks.

Mary Anne

Oh, I also have a wedding to attend in the Fall, my sister's, and I'm IN it! So let's see what we can do. : )
  • lokero27
    lokero27 Posts: 8
    Options
    OMG you've lost 35 lbs. Amazing! Since joining I've lost 6, but in reality I lost quite a bit during my mother's illness. The only good thing to come of the stress!!! Recently, it just started coming back. And, I know it will only get harder to get off, so I am determined to attack it now!

So, lets get to the important stuff - what are you wearing. Or at least what do you want to wear?
  • gardenimp
    gardenimp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Oh this is the group for me! Muffin top, back fat, crows feet, laugh lines, booty sinking (don't get me started on the girls heading south) and now beginning night sweats. Really? I thought menopause was for late 50s or early 60s. Now they tell me there is Perimenopause, body doing a trial run? I'm a hot mess LOL Lets commiserate and lose some weight too:bigsmile:
  • lokero27
    Options
    A 5k. I can't even walk one! But, that could be a great challenge. Maybe I'll look into one in Savannah! You are an inspiration!
  • lokero27
    Options
    Yup, I did forget the crows feet. And to add insult to injury, I can't seem to see anymore, so squinting is a way of life!
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    OMG you've lost 35 lbs. Amazing! Since joining I've lost 6, but in reality I lost quite a bit during my mother's illness. The only good thing to come of the stress!!! Recently, it just started coming back. And, I know it will only get harder to get off, so I am determined to attack it now!

So, lets get to the important stuff - what are you wearing. Or at least what do you want to wear?

Who lost 35 lbs? Awesome! I lost about 7, gained 3, lost 2 blah blah blah. My sister has not decided about our dresses yet. She will have a variety of body shapes, so I think she will be kind. I hope. I really hope. hahah! What are you thinking of wearing?