What Better to Post In: Message Boards or Blog Posts

Options
Over the past few days, I have posted forum topics and I have made two blog posts and I have gotten more responses from my forum posts than my blog posts? Has anyone had the same issue? Or do people tend to read forum posts more than blog posts?

Replies

• dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I read many forum posts, but I hardly ever read blog posts.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Forum posts are easier for the general public to find. For me, my blog is like a diary where I just share my random ramblings and thoughts with whomever has the fancy to take the time to read them.

I also like to post my progress on my blog because I'm not a fan of posting pictures on a forum - but that's just me. :)
  • chaimtime
    chaimtime Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My honest answer is in the news feed. You chose people as friends who either have your best interest in mind, or have the same viewpoints as you. You have basically filtered out the people whose opinion matter most.
  • sm0113
    sm0113 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I read the message boards but i almost never read blog posts.
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    For some reason my blogs generate far more interest and response than any forum posts. But as my friend list has a lot of blog readers, their votes get my blog launched to the side bar where other blog readers see it, vote it up, and the process continues. In my experience, blog posting tends to build relationships, while forum posting is a little less personal. (However, others may have a different experience.)

If your goals are to ask questions or get feedback about something, the forums are the place to go, but if you want to express yourself and see how others relate to you and your life experiences, then the blog is the way to go.

Good luck! :flowerforyou: