Healthy lunch ideas?

Options
Do you guys have any healthy, yet interesting lunches? I'm tired of eating the same things.

Replies

• SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    tuna salad made with a salad dressing and relish on toast.

lean cuisines

Salads with grilled chicken ( or other whatevers)

oatmeal

a bowl of cereal

granola bars

carrots and dip
  • breezad
    breezad Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i have a chicken casear salad with a light dressing on the side.
    or you can cook up some chicken tenders and coat them in tandoori paste, cook and put in a wrap with a little natrual yoghurt, lettuce, cucumber, carrot :) yummmo

i have mince meat with a touch of taco seasoning with roast vegetables
    healthy pizzas, porotbello muschrooms (big ones) filled with all your favourite pizza topping, peppers, ,muschrooms, ham, ricott cheese herbs and sprinkle of cheese in the oven :)
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken breast with a spinach salad.

stir fry with white rice

cut up chicken grill it with onions peppers and put it in a hot dog bun with melted cheese. or in a tortilla

tortilla pizza- put sauce, vegetables, meat on a tortilla and broil it, YUM
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys! :) These all sound really good. Keep 'em coming.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with a chopped fresh tomato thrown in, and crumbled feta cheese... YUM
  • vulrich93
    vulrich93 Posts: 99
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with a chopped fresh tomato thrown in, and crumbled feta cheese... YUM

I'm definitely gonna have to try that. I LOVE breakfast for lunch! :)

I'm a little bland, because I eat 6 meals/day. I just have a piece of bread w/ peanut butter, some soup, cucumber and tomoatos.
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm having scrambled egg whites tomorrow for lunch over some mixed grilled veggies and maybe a slice of cheese.
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    A handful or two of baby spinach. All the veggies you can eat (raw peas, carrots, cucumbers, tomato, jicama, peppers) etc. Some turkey or ham (but get the real stuff, not the pre-sliced processed stuff). a fat free, low cal salad dressing. Add some nuts like walnuts or chopped almonds, maybe some dried cranberries.

If you must, 1/2 of a whole wheat pita.

You're looking at about 300 calories and this will fill you up!
    I also will do home made hummus with a bushel of raw veggies and some toasted whole wheat pita. The hummus is a little more caloric, but it's very good for you. Just be careful not to over eat it.
    Another one I like is to make for dinners or lunch - some home made veggie/turkey chili.

1 can of kidney beans
    1 can of black beans
    1 small onion
    a few stalks of celery - small/chopped
    handful of baby carrots (small/chopped)
    1 can of Italian stewed tomatoes
    1 small can of tomato sauce
    1 lb of 99/1 ground turkey
    about 8 - 12 oz of water
    1 package of low sodium chili mix
    1 tbls of Cinnamon

Mush up turkey (for better texture), break into small bits and brown with about 1/3 of the onion (finely chopped). Add about 1/3 of the chili mix onto the meat.

When the meat is done, add in the stewed tomatoes, you will want to chop up or squish up the stewed tomatoes into smaller pieces. Coarsely chop the rest of the onion, add it. Add the rest of the ingredients.

Let it simmer for about 30 minutes.

Serve. 1 cup is about 350 calories and very nutritious.

This will make about 8 servings and can even be frozen into individual servings for a quick meal later on!
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    sushi!
  • CaptianMorgan
    Options
    Something I enjoy eating in my lunches is a cucumber salad. I cut up cucumbers, alfalfa, and panela cheese with a little italian dressing. Sometimes I add avocado. I then have a svelty gastro protect yogurt, an apple or pear, and a couple integral cookies. I really liked the cucumber salad instead of a lettuce salad.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    If I'm not eating leftovers from the night before, I'll have a Smartones tv dinner with a bad of Steamfresh veggies with some added spices! I snack on fruit at work too. Strawberries, rainier cheeries, whatever is in season. Watermelon.... drool...
  • MiaMcBetty
    MiaMcBetty Posts: 45
    Options
    I make a batch of lentil patties on a Sunday. They taste amazing in pita bread with some rocket, tomato, capsicum dip and tzatziki. Very filling and easy to grab the ingredients from the fridge in the morning and just put it together at work or wherever you are.
    You can also freeze the patties for a up tp 3 months and just grab one out whenever you need :)

Here is the recipe:

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/17399/spicy+lentil+patties+with+pita

The whole lot works out to 410 calories, but you could probably make it less by finding a pita bread that has less calories, or only using one dip
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    Smart Ones...just watch your sodium for the rest of the day
    Or I like a tuna salad made of tuna, mustard, relish, chopped bell peppers & tomatoes on wheat toast or those thin bread things...can't remember right off the top of my head the right name for them...lol
    And leftovers from your healthy dinner the day before is always a good option and saves money too!
  • sarahferran
    Options
    On Sunday i cook like six lbs of chicken breast;) So i LOVE Chicken sliced on my salad:) i mix fresh romaine and baby Spinach :) I always make my own dressing with balsamic vinager and olive oil( and a little mrs dash) I put some crazins in as well:)

Another good one is Organic non fat Greek yogurt and frozen berries:) Yummo!!!

And my most favorite: Low sodium deli turkey breast, Cucumbers, Sprouts, half a whole wheat pita pocket, and 1 laughing cow cheese wedge ( or hummus)