What were YOUR benefits?

Options
Hello all

I'm officially adapting to this WOE after almost 10 days and am noticing changes. Odd ones actually. First, my teeth feel cleaner. 2nd, I have itchy bumps that started on my foot and now I have some around my elbow. Not sure if it's keto rash because I read it's mostly on the back and torso.

Wondering what changes to your health have you noticed?? Besides weight loss of course.

Replies

• Tum22
    Tum22 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am trying to do keto and have also noticed my teeth feel cleaner. I also think/hope my belly is getting smaller as that is one of my motivators for giving up sugar. Not lost a huge amount of weight yet as some people report losing 10lbs in the first few weeks! I wouldn't like to get a rash though. Haven't heard of keto rash but I think if the body is detoxifying itself strange symptoms can happen.
  • onedayatatime2011
    onedayatatime2011 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of theories regarding the causes of keto rash, but no definite answers yet. I hope that doctors can get to the bottom of it. The theory I'm more inclined to believe is that during this new metabolic process, your body is producing acetone (aka keto breath) and since our skin is the largest organ we have and also one of the easier exit points, perhaps the acetone is irritating. I'm trying different things - this morning I showered and used tea tree oil and then moisturized with a home made lotion consisting of various oils like coconut, Shea butter, aloe, etc. Definitely not as itchy.