Tootsie pops are my "diet" saviors!

Options
I realize that there is absolutely nothing good for me in them, but they have saved me from cheesecake/cookie/brownie/ice cream/chocolate disaster on many occasions! They are fruity/hard on the outside and chewy/chocolate-y on the inside, they take a long time to eat, and at only 60 calories, they always fit into my calorie allowance. They are also perfect for the movie theater, no buttery popcorn heaven here :) I know it sounds really weird, but they satisfy my sweet tooth every time.

Does anybody else have a food-item that while it's not good for you, it's helped you no go overboard? I used to have one every day, but now I only get the urge every couple of days.

Replies

• kittyhug1986
    kittyhug1986 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I dont because I will just go overboard with anything sweet trying to keep myself from going overboard, lol.
  • erinnhamil2n
    erinnhamil2n Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Popsicle brand sugar free fudgies only 40 calories and delicious!
  • bvinette31
    bvinette31 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    90 calorie fiber one brownies!!
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the mini versions? Only 15 calories a piece!! :wink:

Actually I just found some Philly Swirl popcicles that are only 14 calories a piece! They are standard "single popcicle" size, but have a fruity/creamy taste that is pretty good for only 14 calories!

Don't even get me started on my Skinny Cow addiction....oreo truffle bars 110 calories...mmmmmmm :happy:

I typically have something sweet at the end of every day...in moderation of course :happy:
  • lizapettit
    lizapettit Posts: 166 Member
    Options

Actually I just found some Philly Swirl popcicles that are only 14 calories a piece! They are standard "single popcicle" size, but have a fruity/creamy taste that is pretty good for only 14 calories!

Don't even get me started on my Skinny Cow addiction....oreo truffle bars 110 calories...mmmmmmm :happy:

I typically have something sweet at the end of every day...in moderation of course :happy:

Mini tootsie pops :love: I must find these!!!!
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I like these all natural lolli's that I buy from another member of this site. They are freaking amazing.
  • Shrelana
    Shrelana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    As silly as it sounds....soda - one 20 oz a day (takes me about 8 hours to drink it) and it takes the cravings away :) ). I plan for it within my allowance, and usually go 3 or 4 days without one now. It's 290 Calories, but I figure that since it takes me up to 8 hours to drink one, that's not too bad :)
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    That's funny, because my grandson offered me a Tootsie Pop from his Halloween haul. It sounded so great! I got to my laptop, checked the numbers and accepted his offer! He was pleased that I ate one with him, because he knows that I've been watching each food item so closely. It made for a happy "together time", as we had a challenge to see who could last longer without biting our pop. It tasted sooo good, I couldn't bear to "let" him win!! LOL :laugh:

ps. my other grandson offered a mini Milky Way, mmmm! That was the extent of Halloween treats for me...both so yummy:wink:
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options

Mini tootsie pops :love: I must find these!!!!

Check Target/Walmart right now, they had bags of 250 count of them for halloween - so they are likely on clearance now!!! :happy:
  • trisha1298
    trisha1298 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I rely on tootsie pops too! I have one almost every evening!

I also really like the flavored sparkling water from safeway. The cherry and tangerine flavors are my favorite and pretty much taste like soda to me, but I don't get the acid reflux or energy crashes like I do from diet soda.

Lastly I really like popsicles, so these are great http://www.dreyers.com/fruitbars they even have full strawberry chunks in them!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Rich super dark chocolate. Only a square will do it for me!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Cheddar rice cakes. They always save me from chips.
  • lizapettit
    lizapettit Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I rely on tootsie pops too! I have one almost every evening!

I also really like the flavored sparkling water from safeway. The cherry and tangerine flavors are my favorite and pretty much taste like soda to me, but I don't get the acid reflux or energy crashes like I do from diet soda.

Lastly I really like popsicles, so these are great http://www.dreyers.com/fruitbars they even have full strawberry chunks in them!

Yeaaaah tootsie pop fist pound :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    They satisfy my sweet tooth if I eat the whole bag. Thanks. Now I'm thinking about Tootsie Roll Pops AND popcorn. Appreciate it.
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    Popsicle's, I Love Em.

________[img]http://sfgf.lilyslim.com/PzhJm6.png width="400" height="80" border="0"[/img]________
  • JennPrebs
    JennPrebs Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I like the edys real fruit ones :) the blueberry acai are my favorite 60 calories a piece
  • devora81890
    devora81890 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So I been eating healthy for a couple weeks now & it's going good. But every now & then I get a craving like any normal person would lol. & I have the yummy look Tootsie pop! On my dresser that I just want to devour! So am glad I came across this page, let's me no a pop here & there is ok.
  • TejahBee
    TejahBee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Breuer's sugar free ice cream! Half a cup (by weight, not volume 56 grams) is only 90 calories and 4 carbs!
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I have a container of halloween size mars, york patties, reece cups etc. and I am getting SO GOOD at just having 1 lol (only took 4 years)
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Sugar free Jello pudding. I think they are only 60 calories. They save me all the time.