Looking for Friends Like Me :) Over 50 and trying to get fit

Options
dph118
dph118 Posts: 89 Member
Hi, My name is Diana. I am 53 and just started using MFP 9 days ago, so far I am doing well. I just don't want to lose my momentum. I need to lose weight for health reasons and am just tired of being overweight! I have tried just about every diet known to man, but found that eating a low carb diet has the best results for me. I am looking for some friends to keep me accountable. I also make sure to provide support on a daily basis. If you would like to walk together on this weight loss journey, send me a friend request. Best of luck to you!

Replies

• Kelster1010
    Kelster1010 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Good luck you will like the site, be patient, keep logging and glad you are doing well
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 51 and have been at this almost a year and down 47lbs.
  • Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    dph118 wrote: »
    Hi, My name is Diana. I am 53 and just started using MFP 9 days ago, so far I am doing well. I just don't want to lose my momentum. I need to lose weight for health reasons and am just tired of being overweight! I have tried just about every diet known to man, but found that eating a low carb diet has the best results for me. I am looking for some friends to keep me accountable. I also make sure to provide support on a daily basis. If you would like to walk together on this weight loss journey, send me a friend request. Best of luck to you!

@dph118 I will send you a friend request
  • dgsocwrkr
    dgsocwrkr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sending a request
  • issypops
    issypops Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Sending request
  • fitin50s2
    fitin50s2 Posts: 111 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Soon to be 51. Anyone can feel free to send a request.
  • terrileedy
    terrileedy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new also. and 53
  • maydaymfp
    maydaymfp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi , I am also new and looking for encouragment. My name is Jackie and i am 54. I am plannong my meals today, going shopping and starting tomorrow. I am determined to succeed and be slimmer this Summer. Good luck everyone, feel free to add me.
  • maydaymfp
    maydaymfp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do i send friend requests please?
    Thanks
  • fitin50s2
    fitin50s2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    maydaymfp wrote: »
    How do i send friend requests please?
    Thanks

Click on user name 1x - a window should pop up to "send a message" or "ignore". Do neither. Click on the user name again. You will see an "Add as friend" button.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    @dph118 Adding you. I'm 51and lost a bit of weight through MFP because the doctor told me to.
  • Fitzriley
    Fitzriley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sent a friend request. I am turning 59 this summer and have gone from 20 lbs overweight to 30 pounds overweight in the last few years. Am now tracking.m food again and back on the treadmill. Goal is to fit in my summer clothes and not look.like a slob. May 1 seems a good day to start. Joined yesterday.
  • borderpaw
    borderpaw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 61 and recovering from knee surgery. I couldn't walk pre surgery and packed on the wieght. Ive always been on the heavy side but I am trying to add exercise and watch what I eat. This site looks like a great aid. I also join yesterday. Good luck.
  • gerrycooper
    gerrycooper Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I am racing towards 59 gulp. It has been a hard trip but I have only 3 kilos left to hit my goal and I am so struggling. I really don't want to fail. So to all of us 50 something's good luck let's do this!!!