Carbs

juniemoon1
juniemoon1 Posts: 4 Member
Does this count carbs as net carbs or total carbs? Thanks!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    It depends on where you live and how that country counts fiber on their labels. US=total carbs, most other places=net carbs.
  • juniemoon1
    On interesting, I'm in Canada. I just tried adding a food to my day when the net carbs said one thing, but it added more carbs into my daily carbs that I thought it would. So I wondered if it was counting total carbs. Hmm...
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Did you check the label against what MFP had? You probably pulled an American entry.
  • juniemoon1
    I imported a recipe from the web, net carbs was suppose to be 1.7g per serving, I had 2 servings. It added 6 carbs to my daily total.
  • juniemoon1
    Yeah I just checked, it counted each serving as 3.4g of carbs instead of 1.7 that the recipe says it was. Maybe it was an error in the recipe?
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    I only count total carbs on everything.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    juniemoon1 wrote: »
    Yeah I just checked, it counted each serving as 3.4g of carbs instead of 1.7 that the recipe says it was. Maybe it was an error in the recipe?

I can never trust online recipes, I go through and find each individual ingredient and double check it for accuracy online (so not in the app) to confirm accuracy. I had been using an entry for raw chicken that said 200g raw was just over 200 calories but the right amount of protein but the actual true count for the calories is 330... A huge difference. So I'd suggest building your own recipe and self confirming each ingredient. I know it's a lot of work up front but the more you use accurate entries the easier they are to find for next time. The error I found was calories but there can be errors in every field, so double check especially the highest impact items.