Ramadan 2011

Options
Hello, are any fellow MFPers going to be fasting all of next month? What is the best way to stick to my diet/exercise plans? Any support/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    Hi! I will be doing Ramadan this year hoping to fast as much as I can. I haven't really thought of a plan yet but I do have some ideas, feel free to add me and maybe we can help eachother with food and exercise during Ramadan :)
  • pickulz76
    pickulz76 Posts: 41
    Options
    I will be doing it too....Im just worried now that my metabolism will slow down or something...not that its fast right now or anything :)

I have done it last year too...and typically would just eat healthy meals at sunset...typically just my dinner. That would consist of lean meats, veggies, salad, yogurt and some fruit. I just try and stay away from fried foods.

Excercise was the hardest to do. I did it for about a week last year...and would start 1 hr before it was time to open the fast. So right after my workout I could eat/drink. But this lasted only a week and then i gave up. I usually lose 4-5 pounds during this time...lets see if it happens this time...
    Im having the worst luck losing weight this time around!!!
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    didn't see this topic- just opened one on my own-

can we join together for a ramadan- group challange ? just to stay motivated and focused.. don't expect to lose weight but at least want to stay on track and keep moving..

add me to your friends list- -and if you like join the topic i started ..
  • bosanka
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/298084-for-members-fasting-ramadan-start-august-1-st

we can start there together.. if anyone has any ideas for a challange it would be good..

i thought of " walking " 114 miles .. during ramadan ? :)
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hello, are any fellow MFPers going to be fasting all of next month? What is the best way to stick to my diet/exercise plans? Any support/advice will be greatly appreciated.

You might come on over to the intermittent fasting thread. Loads of information to be had there, although the eating/fasting window is different, it is in fact a kind of intermittent fasting you're doing, for spiritual reasons, imo.
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I will be doing it too....Im just worried now that my metabolism will slow down or something...not that its fast right now or anything :)

I have done it last year too...and typically would just eat healthy meals at sunset...typically just my dinner. That would consist of lean meats, veggies, salad, yogurt and some fruit. I just try and stay away from fried foods.

Excercise was the hardest to do. I did it for about a week last year...and would start 1 hr before it was time to open the fast. So right after my workout I could eat/drink. But this lasted only a week and then i gave up. I usually lose 4-5 pounds during this time...lets see if it happens this time...
    Im having the worst luck losing weight this time around!!!

http://www.leangains.com/

tons of good information for those who time their eating and fasting.
  • chrisc31
    chrisc31 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I will be fasting Ramadan again this year insha'Allah. It will be my 8th year, alhamdulillah! I've never been in the place I am now with wanting to lose weight and exercise during Ramadan, so in that sense, it will be my first. I have in the past lost weight, but gained it right back after Ramadan was over. I'm excited to have found some others on here that will be doing the same as I am! :)
  • bosanka
    Options
    lodro- thank you for the info - i will for sure look into it and see what i can learn :))

chrisc- this is i think my 15-16 th year of fasting ramadan.. but it would be my first to try to " stay on track " while fasting :) so we are both in the same situationi .. let's help each other out
  • babychoose
    babychoose Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!!!

Count me in! I am also going to fast this August, insyallah. It is a big challenge for me during fasting month because all those yummy foods are so tempting and basically after breaking fast, you get occupied with other things and that caused me being lazy in exercising. I hope everyone here will support each other and try to complete the 114 miles goal! :D
  • salmanajmal
    salmanajmal Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    hi everybody! count me in too. i am 32 and have been fasting regularly (alhamdulillah) since i was 13. i lost 4-5 pounds during the last ramadhan but i put it on back soon after eid. i would want to share my experience with you guys. i used to go for walk an hour before maghrib. i would try to avoid eating fried food and i found that the best thing is to have your dinner before taraweeh. that's the best exercise you can have after your dinner. looking forward to your posts.
    regards,
    salman
  • zianiH
    zianiH Posts: 68
    Options
    heyya... i'll be fasting too

We can do this together, feel free to add me
  • ehte_h
    ehte_h Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to!