Beach Body 21 Day Fix Meal Planning

Arox312
Arox312 Posts: 14 Member
edited May 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey everyone.

I just got introduced into it and have been considering trying it. For the past months I've been doing only 1,500 calories of food consumption. With this it makes me crunch in some numbers and multiple and etc. Caloric Target shows a bit high and afraid I'll end up gaining lbs.. It says 3,060 should be my goal to eat per day. And it only wants me to work out 35 mins a day. That can't be right. I've been doing 1,500 with working out 45 mins to 1 hour and been looking just 1.5 lb a week.. Which is not a lot.. But it's not scary as thinking of switching to more calories intake and possibly gaining. What should I do? Should I try and see? Is this 21 day fix meal diet crazy? I don't want to gain any lbs that took so much effort and calorie counting to end up worth for nothing. I've pushed my self and exhausted my self and restrained myself from bad foods. So I don't want to gain in a week for trying this.

Replies

• Arox312
    Also. I want to add that with using my fitness pal the number it gives me to reach for is 1,980. So it makes no sense on why I should go above to 3,000 .
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Like getting buff, consistence is key. What you're doing is already working; there's no need to try anything else especially if it costs money.
  • jordon5799
    jordon5799 Posts: 32 Member
    The 21 day fix doesn't go past 2,300 cal on plan d "if your number is less than 1,200 round up to 1,200. If it's more than 2,300, round down to 2,300."

If you were already doing a 1,500 cal limit then just go with plan a
  • jordon5799
    Maybe you calculated something wrong?
  • jordon5799
    I will add I love the workouts but never lasted more than 3 days with the Tupperware and shakeology is not that great. My husband (bodybuilding supplement buff) was looking at the ingredients after I got it and was so mad I bought "useless crap" that was so expensive
  • Arox312
    jordon5799 wrote: »
    Maybe you calculated something wrong?

Well, that's what I'm thinking as well.. I did that math over and over. "1. Multiply your current weight in pounds x 11. This number is your Caloric Baseline.2. Add 400 (The Fix Calorie Burn) to your Caloric Baseline. The resulting number represents your Caloric Needs to maintain your weight.3. Subtract 750 (the caloric deficit) from your Caloric Needs. This number is the Caloric Target you should eat to lose weight."

My weight being 310 x 11 + 400 -750=3,060 cal target ?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited May 2017
    I own a lot of BB workouts and have been doing them for years, but have never bothered with their nutrition plans. The calories have always seemed arbitrary and not personalized to me. I would just use the containers as well... containers and use MFP to determine your portions, but you have to find what works for you.

35 mins a day working out is fine, but you can always take a quick walk or something if you feel the need to do more. That calorie total is crazy high though. Plug your stats into mfp and see what they say.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    You get a high number because of the current 310. It takes a lot of calls to maintain, that's what the x11 is. The numbers work out right for me at my weight. The 750 deficit should be about 1.5 lb per week.