Attempted Weight Loss

Options
RebelWoman86
RebelWoman86 Posts: 6 Member
edited May 2017 in Introduce Yourself
I woke up on my 31st birthday in 01/2017 and realized I was 299 lbs and it was time for a change. I started walking and changed my eating habits, so far i'm down 25 lbs. I can't seem to lose more for some reason. :( I'm eating super healthy and try to walk around 5 miles a day. My husband has been super supportive but i'm still hating who I see in the mirror.

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Think marathon, not sprint :smile: I know it's hard sometimes! Weight loss is not linear.

Are you logging everything you eat faithfully, using a food scale, and checking to be sure you're picking accurate database entries? Eating healthy food is great, but you still have to be in a calorie deficit to lose weight!
  • RebelWoman86
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I've been logging everything that I eat as well as what I drink. I haven't used a scale yet but i do use measuring cups/spoons. I have an Apple Watch and my active calories on most day's is around 900-1,000 with my rest calories it's usually around 3,200 burned a day. My intake is around 1,300 to 1,400 calories daily. No fried foods and a lot of salad with very light dressing.
  • mtre
    mtre Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Maybe switching up your exercises. Doing something different to shock your body?
  • justinhowardedcc
    justinhowardedcc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    First off, celebrate that 25 lbs! that's a big deal. Other than that, drink tons of water and keep it up. Like somebody else stated, it's a marathon not a sprint. You will see results again soon. I'm sure that right now you are building muscle mass.
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you last recorded a weight loss?
  • RebelWoman86
    Options
    I weigh myself about once a week. I've been doing the slim in 6 workouts. Maybe changeing it up is a good idea. Been considering trying Zumba.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    It takes a long time to finally realize you love your new body. Months....

And the weight loss and new image is so gradual that one day you'll walk by a mirror and do a double take. You won't believe your eyes.

You've got to believe you can do it and not stop at 25 pounds. Yes, 25 IS a big deal but keep your focus n healthy eating and changing habits that allowed you to put on weight.

You should buy and use a good scale. Portions are so deceiving...... that made a world of difference for me and wasn't that painful to do.
  • RebelWoman86
    Options
    Thank you! I will definitely try that.