i have got to do this!!!! help me stay on target PLEASE!!!

Options
:wink: After meeting the love of my life and having an unexpected (but cherrished) child i have put on the 60 lbs that i lost before meeting him and have easily gained 40 more LBS!!!! all in 3+ years! I am so depresses that i have let myself get to this point and i am desperate to loose the weight. I have never been thin and do not care to be thin i just want to look and feel healthy! My husband who is also overweight does not seem to care but I do! I need some motivation and someone to hold me accountable.
When I lost 60 lbs i excercised daily and i know that is the answer but i am so tired that i can not self motivate. I am hoping that journaling all activity will motivate me.

Replies

• jessienicole05
    jessienicole05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! :happy: I also need help to stay motivated along this journey,and i still have quite a ways to go as well! Feel free to add me if you want to,i would love to help you stay motivated. :wink:
  • thatbondchick
    thatbondchick Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm always up for new friends and I would love to help support you on this journey. I sent you a friend request. :)
  • BethlovesRene
    BethlovesRene Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! I lost 45 lbs after my first kid (I gained 55), and then after my second lost the 40 I gained. You can do this :)
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Well you've come to the right place to get some positive support! Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Abbzzz
    Abbzzz Posts: 49
    Options
    I am the same, I know exactly how you feel!
  • RedNeckGal1970
    Options
    Hey, my name is Ruth, I'm 40 (well 41 in 2 weeks) I am the heaviest I have ever been. My baby is now 15 years old... and I was very thin after having each of my kids... so I have no escuse of "it's baby weight" it's just lazy weight I think. I also think that come late 30's everything changes. My husband says I look great. (He's a liar and a fat mouth) LOL... love is blind I guess... or maybe he just doesn't want to hurt my feelings. Honestly it would help me if he would nicely tell me that I do need to loose some weight. I am so with you girls. Needing a little support and accountability. So what do ya say... let's all do this together. Feel free to add me as a friend. I just started this yesterday... so I am totally new to the whole thing. Be patient with me, I'll catch on. :huh:
  • GrandmasonKirby
    Options
    Hi, I am with you all, I need the extra support too..my husband says the same that I"m fine and he will support me, then he brings home food that he knows I like and says just have a little it wont hurt..problem is it does..I too am new to this whole message and blogging stuff but learning..feel free to add me too...We can do it all together!!!!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP!! Log in every day, Track your Food and Exercise, and Depend on your Friends here to give you all the support and encouragement you need.
  • cmak8
    cmak8 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat for sure........just had my lil man 2 months ago, I have 50 big ones to lose.
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
    Good luck, I support you!
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Make small changes that are SUSTAINABLE! Equip yourself with two weapons- perseverance and organisation. Don't kill yourself with the exercise or you'll just end up hating it. Start with organising your daily meals (before the day begins). Stick to the eating plan. Once you get a handle on the menu plan and logging it all, then introduce some easy walking about twice a week for 30 minutes. The trick at the beginning is to change small things and set goals that are achievable so that you can succeed!

I've lost 55ibs in 6 months and almost at goal. Some weeks I lost nothing and other weeks I lost barely anything but over time it has added up. Stick with it and it will work!

If you need any help, just ask =)
  • roro37
    roro37 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think we are in the same boat. WE can do this! Begin with daily tracking and making sure you get in SOME KIND of exercise everyday!