Small NSV

Options
Being as heavy as I am it takes a lot of weight loss for people to actually notice I am getting smaller. I have lost a little over 20 pounds so far (17 since joining myfitnesspal and 5 before) and no one has noticed, not that I expected anyone to. However today my husband and I went hiking to the top of Mt. Pisgah. It took 4 hours to get up and get back down and I felt like I wanted to die the whole way. But I made it to the top! This is pretty amazing for someone whose idea of exercise has been walking to my daughter's bus stop twice a day. It was a MAJOR confidence booster. At the top my husband and I took a picture and I noticed something: I am losing my double chin!!!! No its not all the way gone but it is smaller than it was before. This is the first time I have noticed a difference in the way I look and it feels great!!!!!

kandisfat.jpg
This was on July 4th

UHG no matter how many times I try to redo this picure (change the size even crop it to just me) all you can see is my husbands head very big and no me lol that's one way to lose your double chin. So to see my "after" pic you just have to look at my profile picture

Replies

• Success41
    Success41 Posts: 44
    Options
    Wow! What a great accomplishment! 4 hour hike is something to really be proud of. I wouldn't worry about others noticing, Especially if your feeling great and noticing your own improvements. Stay focused on your journey, walk in your own victory!
  • mamathrash2
    mamathrash2 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    We have to celebrate every success-that what will keep us going!!! Keep up the good work :)
  • PST0622
    PST0622 Posts: 115
    Options
    That is a HUGE NSV!!!! Way to go!!!!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud of yourself! Great job! and think of all the calories you burned doing that!
  • ssanderbrink
    ssanderbrink Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You did great, and you should be proud of yourself. Keep it up , you can do it.
  • JoelleMonique
    Options
    I can see what you mean! The second chin is on it's way out. I look forward to the day I don't have a fit when people take a photo of me at the wrong angel.
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    Fantastic hike! People are going to start noticing your weight loss VERY soon, and congratulations on doing wonderful things to take care of your health!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!